Author Topic: Passionate or overdoing it??  (Read 62219 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: Passionate or overdoing it??
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »
I just had a "Really??" moment...
I'm babysitting a 2 yr old who asks questions about EVERYTHING. A commercial for medicine came on and she asked, "What does OTC mean?" and without missing a beat I said, "An Old Time Christmas."
She looked at me funny so I corrected myself, "Over the counter."
Lol
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
thats pretty good tiff, i catch myself doing the same thing, someone use initial or capital letters and i read it like it was SDC news....  LOL..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2013, 10:39:30 AM »
I just had a "Really??" moment...
I'm babysitting a 2 yr old who asks questions about EVERYTHING. A commercial for medicine came on and she asked, "What does OTC mean?" and without missing a beat I said, "An Old Time Christmas."
She looked at me funny so I corrected myself, "Over the counter."
Lol

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Love that, Tiff!

lindseytoni

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »
I'll be at SDC in two weeks and I just can't stand it. I joined this forum (I would have earlier if I had just known about it). I've been making plans and remaking them. I have been looking at youtube videos of SDC and looking at all of your pictures on this forum. I've made little paint documents on my computer of what I'm going to pack to wear on our trip. I've planned pretty much everywhere that we are going to eat.
I've basically been stalking their facebook page. It's crazy.

Also, on the note of the asphalt smell. A year ago, my college was repaving their parking lot or something and every time I went outside, it smelled just like SDC. I had one friend that agreed with me, everyone else thought I was crazy. Didn't know that the smell was as big of a thing to other people, too!

I can't wait to go. I'm trying to plan to be there as much as possible this summer!

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
lindseytoni, Welcome! I think you'll find yourself in good company here! ;D
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

bluegrasswidow

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2013, 10:02:36 AM »
Well personally I think SDC is awesome and me and my husband go as often as we can go. Its family friendly and wholesome place. We love Branson and one day plan on moving there probely within the next few years. Being passionate about something is good thing.....