Author Topic: Is There Anything LOST at SDC That You Are GLAD Is Lost?  (Read 8310 times)

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: Is There Anything LOST at SDC That You Are GLAD Is Lost?
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 06:13:56 PM »
I'm glad to see Splash Harbor gone. Even as a kid I felt it wasn't in theme. I was always the one sent in by my family to find my brother and my cousins. It was always nearly impossible and took way too long. Personally, I wouldn't miss it if Geyser Gulch went away. Of course, I don't have kids, so some may not want to see it go.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 06:25:43 PM »
If I could wish to loose something................my inlaws. And I would not miss them!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »
I'm glad to see the "Gaslight Square" concept from '89 gone- that and the whole idea of changing the theme of the City from an Ozark Mountain Village from the 1880s to something else.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »
I think the gaslight square, or Victorian theme was derived from the brief concept of keeping the park exactly 100 years in the past (for example, 1889 during 1989, and 1890 during 1990, and so on). It worked because the years matched. Could you imagine if they had stuck with that concept? Silver Dollar City today would be themed after 1912 with cars, and planes, and a lot less moonshine. :P

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 11:30:53 AM »
If I could wish to loose something................my inlaws. And I would not miss them!!

I could lose my sister's compaining boyfriend who goes with us to SDC 85% of the time!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »
I could definitely lose guests that I have brought in with my baf's, and they are ready to leave the park after a couple of hours!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 07:44:07 PM »
I could definitely lose guests that I have brought in with my baf's, and they are ready to leave the park after a couple of hours!

My sister's boyfriend used to use a BAF, then his grandma decided to get him a season pass for Christmas the past two years. There were times when mom told him if he didn't stop complaining, he can feel free to sit outside the gate and keep the ticket guys company until we decided to leave. It got so bad sometimes my sister even yelled at him, and that never happens! But yet, he keeps going back...

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:46 PM »
Tiffany that’s a great idea for a sign at the entrance. “Welcome to Silver Dollar City! Now, leave your whining, and complaining at the gate.”  ;)

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 06:40:33 AM »
Great one Ozark.  But I have a tough time even considering someone not having a terrific time at the "city".
Vote to end 2020!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »
Great one Ozark.  But I have a tough time even considering someone not having a terrific time at the "city".

When I was 8 or 9, I got food poisining from a restaurant on the way to Branson the day before we planned on going to SDC. I went to SDC anyway, and even with throwing up about twice every hour, I still had a good time!

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 10:34:35 AM »
many years ago i believe they tried to update the year from 1880 to around the turn of the century. they had something like the key stone cops. glad the came to their senses.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »
Bubba that was the Gaslight square time period that was mentioned above from 1989