Author Topic: Chester's  (Read 3781 times)

Branson-R-Bust

• View Profile
Chester's
« on: August 28, 2011, 02:48:06 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to Chester's or Dick Clark's American Bandstand Grill? Came down last year in November and everything was going great. Came down in this month and everything is closed and gone.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Chester's
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 04:18:01 PM »
Dick Clark has personally suffered great health problems in the last few years. A stroke left him with impaired speech. Ryan Seacrest is doing the Rockin' New Years Eve stuff, for the most part in the last two years. The classic car collection pulled out of Dick Clark's place in Branson a summer or two ago. The oldies acts that played Clark's Theater the first year or two are gone, or have drifted over to other Branson theaters. Google Dick Clark and you will see over the years he has had several business interests. I think with his health and the declining economy he has had to greatly scale back.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Branson-R-Bust

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 05:09:42 PM »
Dick Clark has personally suffered great health problems in the last few years. A stroke left him with impaired speech. Ryan Seacrest is doing the Rockin' New Years Eve stuff, for the most part in the last two years. The classic car collection pulled out of Dick Clark's place in Branson a summer or two ago. The oldies acts that played Clark's Theater the first year or two are gone, or have drifted over to other Branson theaters. Google Dick Clark and you will see over the years he has had several business interests. I think with his health and the declining economy he has had to greatly scale back.

Junior,

Thanks for the information. I guess the economy has hit everyone hard. Any idea on Chester's or were they a casualty of the economy too? I thought they had been around for awhile.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »
They also had a place over at the Hillbilly Inn for awhile and then after this past winter season did not re-open there. From what I understand they have a place off the 76 strip across from Taco Bell (near the Walmart/Shoney's on 76). I have not been by there to confirm..

Branson-R-Bust

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 06:04:09 PM »
They also had a place over at the Hillbilly Inn for awhile and then after this past winter season did not re-open there. From what I understand they have a place off the 76 strip across from Taco Bell (near the Walmart/Shoney's on 76). I have not been by there to confirm..
They did, but it is this location that is no longer there. My understanding was that last year they moved to the strip mall across from Taco Bell and that is where we visited them in November. We went by there a few weeks ago and they are completely gone. :'(

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »
Bummer! I did like the burgers, I know that last year the owner of our Hotel was talking to them about possible restaurant over at our sister hotel (Best Western Landing View) and did not pan out....I'll have to ask around and find out. Will let you know!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »
Don't know anything about Chesters.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 07:30:21 PM »
Big, great stuffed burgers, and unfortunatley I will not get to try their reuben (which was apparently one of the best in the area (really how many Reubens are in Branson ???)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
Dick Clark did not own Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theater and Grill.  Dick Clark just sells a license fee to use his name, and it is used at other places, too.  Another person owned the theater, grill, Area 57, and the nearby Ramada Inn.  There was a big auction earlier this year and the properties were sold.

Chester's was at Hillbilly Inn and rented the restaurant space.  At lease renewal time, the property owner wanted more money.  Chester's then moved to the old Penny Gilley restuarant location across from Branson Mall.  Earlier this summer the family that owned Chester's decided to close (the restaurant business is a tough one to be in even during good economic times).  A restaurant that serves Indian food is now in the location across from Branson Mall.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »
Thanks for the clarification on Dick Clark and Chesters!