General Category > Branson Talk

Does Anyone Here Live In Branson?

(1/3) > >>

Saaam!:
Just wondering.. do any of you on SDCFans actually live in Branson? If you do, what is it like living there? Is it fun living around all that entertainment?

okiebluegrass:
No, I don't live there. But I really really really want to. Does that count? My nephew's dad is from there. I think his grandparents still live there. But, no, for the record, I don't live there

Junior:
Lived in Branson 1978-1984. My brother and his family still live there and are involved in the restaurant and catering business. I currently live about an hour and a half from Branson, so my wife and I visit from time to time. My Branson years (high school and part of college) were great! That was the place for me to be during that period of my life. Ten thousand times ten thousand memories.

Zephon:
Hmmm. There are things to like and things not to like, kinda like any place. Putting up with tourists tries our patience (some, or should I say a lot are such idiots), on the other hand they pay our salaries, so....  The cost of living is higher here than in the surrounding communities, so that's not fun. I never buy gas in Branson, I go to Branson West. I don't know of anyone that frequents the shows on a regular basis...when your job involves shows, or show support infrastructure, you kinda want to get away from it on your time off. But still, there are a lot of fun things to do when the mood strikes. Speaking for myself, I guess because we love entertaining, it makes living in Branson worthwhile.

thelarsonsix:
I often think I'd like to live there too, until I see how much money I can blow through in just a week there! lol. I know exactly what you mean about the tourists, Zephon, I live and work near lake of the ozarks, and man, the iq must drop 100 pts when people get away from the city.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version