General Category > Branson Talk

Car Cruise Weekend

(1/2) > >>

biscuitcreek:
Just a reminder this is car cruise weekend in Branson.  Shepherd of the Hills has a big to-do going on for the cruise, and traffic will be very slow all through Branson this weekend.

More details in this article from Branson Tri-Lakes News:
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_f226f93e-c2d7-11e0-bc26-001cc4c03286.html

rubedugans:
I have been several times by accidEnt during this weekend and it was so bad. It took over 2 hours to get from the landing to Indian point. Never again.

Junior:
Last year we were in town when the car cruise was underway. It did not bother me. I am used to Branson traffic. My wife however was not pleased. Our motel was full of cruisers and cars. They were sometimes loud late at night. The parade went right down Shepherd of the Hills Parkway, where we stayed. We were in our motel room and in bed while it was going on. So, in order to make the wife happy, we will probably avoid Branson during car cruise weekend.

rubedugans:
I own a classic car, though not a muscle car, I am a HUGE car fan, but not when it means I cannot sleep because of the excessive noise at night as Junior mentioned.

I did find it great though to see that many people come together for a cruise, I have never seen a parade in Branson, but this is as close as it gets on 76. Chairs set up at every free spot on the strip to watch the cars. people doing burn outs, revving engines etc. did however mnake for long waits for food in town...once you got there!

Ozark Outlaw:
Ah, yes the car cruise. Branson Police’s favorite time of the year! :D

The car cruise is wonderful event, but the back roads will definitely become your friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version