General Category > Branson Talk

Beverly Hillbillies cast rooms

(1/1)

Andymeets1880s:
Does anyone know if they marked the rooms where the cast stayed?? I believe Junior said the place where they stayed is still there. Anyone know if the rooms were maybe marked with a picture in the room or plaque or something?? If not, that would have been a great marketing tool!
I remember one time, my grandparents had some work done on their house and had to stay in a motel. They happened to stay in a room where Johnny Cash stayed when in Kansas City once. It had his picture and a small paragraph that told he stayed in that room, etc. etc.
 Maybe they should figure that out and do it now?!

Junior:
The cast stayed at Rock Lane Lodge on Indian Point Road. The name of the resort has changed but it is still there. I doubt if they have anything recognizing the cast of BH, but they might have a photo posted in the lobby. Someone more familiar with Indian Point Road logding places will have to chime in here.

rubedugans:
We own land on Indian Point, and I know there is a Rock Lane Resort up the road a piece, is this the same one you are speaking of?

Junior:
Yes Rube, that's the same place. It was considered a very nice resort in the late 60s through the early to mid 80s. I  knew in recent years the resort owners changed the name. I drove down Indian Point for the first time in years this spring and noticed the resort entry. I think Indian Point looks good, too.

thelarsonsix:
Looks pretty chic on their website:

http://www.rocklane.com/

We usually stay on Indian Point in the "shoulder" seasons at the COE campground. I can't picture this place though. How far down is it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version