Author Topic: Polar Express Review  (Read 6039 times)

missark

• View Profile
Polar Express Review
« on: November 15, 2010, 05:05:49 PM »
have not read favorable reviews of this from previous years...and concerned after dealing with the staff - very rude.  I hope someone can offer something to make me feel better about this plan.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Polar Express Review
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 08:54:23 PM »
What plan?  The Polar Express generally doesn't get favorable reviews on the 1branson board or on Trip Advisor.  It's not a re-enactment of the movie. 

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:43:59 AM »
If you are talking about the Polar Express ride the Branson Scenic Railway operates, I have never been on it, but my wife and I rode the train this summer and had a positive experience. No problem with the staff, they were kind and informative. The conductor, as you would expect, did "talk up" the Christmas thing for kids, which I think was called Polar Express. It sounded OK, and if I had my grandkids with me, I 'd probably try it out.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:08:43 PM »
The problem with "bad reviews" is that they often never come from the source. It's always someone's uncle-cousin-nephew-in-law who claims to have heard someone say they didn't enjoy it. Life is short, I would recommend giving it a try just to say that you did.  :)

If you are in fact talking about the train ride like Junior had suggested, I would go just for the sake of taking a scenic train ride! ;D

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:19:53 PM »
I took the Polar Express train last year during my annual Christmas trip.  it was fantastic!.  I went with my then 12 and 8 year old newphews.  They could not have enjoyed themselves more.  We were in the dinning car so we had table service for the hot chocolate and cookies.  Our waitress was great...my nephews didn't even have to ask for more hot chocolate...she was there before the had a chance to finish what they had... same way with the cookies. They had some left so they wrapped them and gave them out to the kids in that car.

Santa took a lot of time with each child and signed their copies of the book.  Mrs. Santa gave each child a special bell (which have special places on our tree now).  We read books and sang carols....it was a great evening for everyone.  It was also a relaxing way of seeing the light display as well.  Couldn't recommend the trip more.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 06:38:23 PM »
Does anyone know how long the train ride is for the polar express

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »
doesnt say on website..  maybe call their office.  i would guess 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours.

http://www.bransontrain.com/polar-express/tickets/index.html