Author Topic: Dollywood sues HUSS  (Read 5186 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Dollywood sues HUSS
« on: October 06, 2011, 06:40:45 AM »
Dollywood has filed a lawsuit against HUSS in regards to the non-functioning Timber Tower; the park is seeking $500,000.  More details in this story from the Nashville newspaper The Tennessean:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111004/NEWS21/111004030/Dollywood-theme-park-sues-500-000-over-ride

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Dollywood sues HUSS
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
The article is a bit vague on details to make a solid determination. However, if there was a contract, or warranty in place, then HUSS should absolutely be held responsible.

Either way, it should be an interesting outcome!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:32:51 PM »
I don't understand why they're only suing for half a million. The ride cost around $7 million total to put in, and the bad publicity from all the break downs has been bad for their business. I'm sure they could sue HUSS into the ground if they wanted to. Maybe they know half a million is the best they can get? HUSS probably doesn't have much cash right now, how long has it been since they've built a new ride? All their old rides are being taken out of parks right and left due to their poor service.

Sad really, HUSS used to be the undisputed king of flat rides.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »
you would think that if a lawsuit was in order, it would be for more than half a mill...  Maybe there hoping for quick settlement?

I would have thought a 7 mill project lawsuit would be abotu 25%?

anyway have to wait and see, this may lay the way for more lawsuits if the can settle.

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 05:44:18 PM »
Twenty years ago Tennessee had a state law that said you had to file a law-suit to collect on certain types of insurance.  I don't know if that law is still on the books.  But maybe they are just filing a token law-suit to trigger some type of insurance policy.  Just a guess.