Author Topic: Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr  (Read 7087 times)

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:37:56 PM »
I know that I've mentioned it elsewhere but this seemed like the best spot to make it official.  I have created a place over at Flickr for like-minded SDC fans to post their best Silver Dollar City photos.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/silverdollarcity/

A Flickr account is free and very user-friendly to maneuver through.  Come on over and become a Citizen!
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 01:12:08 PM »
^I'd just like to say that I love your SDC pictures on Flickr betamike. They are of amazing quality and you really know what you're talking about with each and every photo. I've even found things that I didn't know were at the park. The 2008 SDC photo album was awesome. Thanks for posting them on your site!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sjrogers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »
Thanks.  I really enjoyed your pictures.  You have what they call the 'Photographer's Eye'.  My favorite was the white candles hanging in the candle rack to dry by the window (really nice).

What kind of camera do you use?
Steve

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »
Thank you very much, I apologize that I haven't responded sooner.   I use a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:30:38 AM »
Oh, that Canon Rebel does a wonderful job...and the guy behind it, too. My little cheap Kodak Easyshare pales in comparison. But I cannot afford one of the expensive units. So, for me, for now...it's just "snapshot city!"
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Kentucky Optimist

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »
BetaMike:
I sent you a PM telling you how much I enjoyed your pics, only to find that I wasn't the only one and so many others have enjoyed your shots as well.  If I ever get back to SDC (no 2011 trip due to new baby on the way) I'll have to see if I can get my Pentax Kx to give your EOS a run for it's money.  Based on what you've already posted, I bet you'll win...
Finest Cuts of Meat & Pianos Tuned

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 05:23:43 PM »
Oh, that Canon Rebel does a wonderful job...and the guy behind it, too. My little cheap Kodak Easyshare pales in comparison. But I cannot afford one of the expensive units. So, for me, for now...it's just "snapshot city!"

Junior, Junior, Junior...it's all the camera, trust me.   I wanted to take a set of photos this year that reflect the way I truly see the City instead of taking pictures "straight on" like I used to.   After all, the way the City is designed, we see things through vines, bushes, around corners, and from afar.   I wanted to be able to look back on these photos and see the city how I see it in real life.  :-)

BetaMike:
I sent you a PM telling you how much I enjoyed your pics, only to find that I wasn't the only one and so many others have enjoyed your shots as well.  If I ever get back to SDC (no 2011 trip due to new baby on the way) I'll have to see if I can get my Pentax Kx to give your EOS a run for it's money.  Based on what you've already posted, I bet you'll win...

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  I bet your Pentax will whallop my EOS....Battle ON!  Hahaha.   In my older age, I have found that I don't take the darn thing away from my face much anymore, not even to ride the attractions.   So if you are going to get serious about it, you gotta make sacrifices.  LOL.   Congratulations, by the way, on the new member of the family!