Author Topic: old six flags stl ride  (Read 3874 times)

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
old six flags stl ride
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »
hey all i have been looking everywhere for pics/info/vids of an old defunct ride from six flags stl called legend of the dark castle. it was a darkride that you float through. midevil period  . man did it ever freak me out. any way please post if you know anything else about this ride. thanx

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
Re: old six flags stl ride
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:12:23 AM »
I believe that ride was refitted from the Twain float ride mentioned in another post copied here:
When Six Flags opened in the early Seventy's in St. Louis they had a boat ride based on the  Tom Sawyer story. You floated past scenes from the story, were attacked by Injin' Joe' and emerged from the caves as its song said "Out of the Darkness into the Light". It wasn't that popular and it went away a long time ago. I can't see the City doing a Twain Dark ride if only because the precedent from that one. I'm not even sure that the Twain theme is one they are  concerned with anymore. It's a great idea though.
Sorry it doesn't really address your question, but it adds to the history
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

sdcforever

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:37:36 AM »
^^The ride you remember has had many incarnations over the years.  I haven't been able to find any pics, but here is a timeline:

Injun Joe's Cave (Arrow Water dark ride):  1971-1979
Time Tunnel/Tunnel del Tiempo (dark ride):  1979-1989
Legends of the Dark Castle (dark ride):  1989-1992
Castaway Kids Jungle Adventure/Castaway Kids Comic Book Adventure (dark ride):  1992-1999
It was then closed for three years before it became...
Scooby Doo's Ghostblasters-The Mystery of the Scary Swamp (dark ride):  2002-present

So as you can see, it's had many different identities but it's always been a dark ride.

CoasterCale

• View Profile
    • Home of Chicago's Very own Coaster Cale
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
And now it Justice League: Battle for Metroplis. SFStL sure has gotten it's fair share of attractions with similar ride systems in the same location. It's really smart, especially considering some marketing ploys that have been going on lately.
Am I the only one that thinks PowderKeg is the best coaster at SDC?
#25 Wild Thing #50 Millenium Force #75 Skull Mountain (SFGAd) #100 Seven Dwarfs Mine #125 Avalanche