Author Topic: SDC's 50th Anniversary - 2010  (Read 12047 times)

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 50th Anniversary - 2010
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 11:13:02 AM »
Even though the answers to those two questions were not that interesting, it's still nice to know.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
Sometimes I'm too close to the subject to get that. The magic isn't spoiled I just occasionally take things for granted.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 03:13:23 PM »
I had an idea for a 50th Anniversary show at the Saloon...

It could be that Dusty Chaps and Miss Tilly are getting married, so that gives a good excuse to bring in all the past and present characters together under one roof--Choctaw Charlie, Carrie Nation, etc. And then Mean Murphy can interrupt the nuptials.

It was just a quick idea that popped into my head the other day. It stuck with me so much that I even sketched out a couple ideas for Miss Tilly's wedding outfit (I've gotta get them scanned, then I'll post 'em).

Joy

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 03:18:53 PM »
That'd be really cool. SDC should really think of doing some of these things. It'd make for a great season.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 01:27:15 PM »
Love the saloon show idea.

It is really hard for me to have clear memories of SDC, it seems like all of them are blurred by my age perspective, so I think that I would love a book that really talks about the changes in things around there.  Like why we focus more on the big things than the little things?  It was the highlight of a trip when I got to talk to the sheriff and get a badge from him (not from a store, from the sheriff).  Anyway, most of my memories of the park are little snippets and moments. 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »
It could be that Dusty Chaps and Miss Tilly are getting married, so that gives a good excuse to bring in all the past and present characters together under one roof--Choctaw Charlie, Carrie Nation, etc. And then Mean Murphy can interrupt the nuptials.

Wouldn't that be a bit like jumping the shark?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating