Author Topic: First visit of the year  (Read 2150 times)

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
First visit of the year
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:11:54 AM »
Last weekend(Good Friday/and Saturday) we made our first visit to the park in two years.
We were able to take two first time guests, our two grandsons one who is 4 and the other 1.  This makes five generations that I have gone two Silver Dollar City with.

Friday was one of those days to remember.  We went in the cave to get out of the rain and warm up.  My son in law carried the one year old the whole way!!!  My four year old grandson made the walk the whole way. (I did the same in 1967)  He rode (fire in the hose) as he likes to call it.   By the way I hate the new trams, and note to all in charge, when the park is closing and guest are waiting in the rain and cold it would be a great idea to have enough trams/busses/horse and buggy/ to get them to their cars.  (We walked) and beat my wife and daughter to the cars on the far end by over twenty min

Saturday was a perfect day.  Weather was great and everyone had a blast.  The only neg about the day was the meal in the mine.  This food did not look/taste/ like SDC food. 
When did they change the "stick up" story line on the train ride.  I put my wife in the perfect seat for the "thats our maw" (she never remembers these things until too late) and there it was gone.

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: First visit of the year
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »
That sounds like a wonderful day!  I too have been to SDC with 5 generations.
Can't wait for our first trip tomorrow!!

"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"