Author Topic: The Christmas Nail  (Read 4923 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
The Christmas Nail
« on: December 20, 2011, 08:36:16 AM »
Great story...and great marketing! They have a link to the merchandise site selling these for $8.99 ea.

“The Christmas tree but foreshadows the Christ tree, which only He could decorate for us with the nails such as this.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkoEcOsiCD8&feature=player_detailpage
Merchandise site:
http://www.dollywoodmerchandise.com/productdetails1.aspx?categoryid=1536&productid=9021

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: The Christmas Nail
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »
huh. I have mixed feelings about this one. Its a neat idea but on the other hand is it wise to profit off this item? Is a portion of the proceeds going to a good cause?
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 10:19:19 AM »
We purchased a Christmas Nail at SDC (Blacksmith Shop) about 4 or 5 years ago. Can't remember the price they were selling it for back then.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 12:11:32 PM »
You have to buy them somewhere! I do like that it is hand forged, and they put care into the process knowing what it will ultimately be used for. I would pay a few dollars for that. My Dad took large spiral aluminum roofing nails and typed up the Nail message, and tied it with a ribbon to the nail-and gave them out as gifts several years ago. we did not place ours out of sight (as the message on the DW one's say) ours go prominantly on the tree.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 12:15:40 PM »
Great idea...but $9 for one nail? Sorry, I'll have to pass. Be reasonable, not greedy, sell a product like this for no more than $3.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »
I agree. I said "a few" and 9 is more than a few! I would pay 3, maybe 5 on the high end if I was able to watch my nail from start to finish.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »
Great idea...but $9 for one nail? Sorry, I'll have to pass. Be reasonable, not greedy, sell a product like this for no more than $3.

Amen!