Author Topic: Buzzsaw Falls!  (Read 11128 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Buzzsaw Falls!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
I guess hubby and I were in the minority.  ??? We always enjoyed Buzzsaw Falls and there were never any ride problems the many times we rode it.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 08:54:37 PM »
It was okay for me; I remember the first time I rode it I was wearing tennis shoes.....everytime you got in the ride car stepped in at least 2 inches of water. After the first time, then I would put on my water sandels before I rode. Saved time/headache of wet socks.  ;D

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 02:40:48 AM »
I was just not impressed with it. I guess  that I expected more from the coaster portion , coming out of the water to the rail  and making the slow roll to the lift hill, my first words were "what the heck"  Love it now when you come around that curve to the lift hill.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 09:53:07 AM »
I remember when my girl scout troop went to SDC when the buzzsaw was still there and ths man would take his kiddos on it right? well the kiddo got scared and at the top of the "giant" drop he would unstrap them and put them outside the ride. THus stopping the ride and the water being drained and us being trooped off. He did this twice. Tard. And if that man is on this fan blog, sorry. But you were tard-ish.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »
"TRAMS" I totally agree. I remember reading your previous post about that incident. The dude should have been evicted from the park and family services called to have his kids removed from his custody. The guy sounds like a complete, total looser.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »
What years was BF active? I know I rode it with my boys. I didn't care for the total soaking.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 07:24:46 PM »
It lasted from 99-04
This is one of the best links with a bunch of photos, and a rundown of the ride.
http://www.thrillride.com/buzzsawfalls/buzzsaw.html

On a partially unrelated side note....
This looked like one of two places to post this link...funny huh?
http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/02/buzzsaw-falls-concept-art.html

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »
Thanks for all the info on Buzzsaw Falls. That ride fell into the zone of time when I didn't have a chance to visit the park, so I missed it.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »
didnt miss much Jr - it wasnt a bad ride, but just wasnt all that great either.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 08:13:39 AM »
Strange...with all the time I spend on park, I never rode on Buzzsaw Falls.  I haven't been on the Giant Swing or that spinning ride (Electro-something?) in the Grand Exposition area either, yet.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 08:28:42 AM »
You didn't miss much...here is how you can re-enact the ride. get in line for powderkeg with 3-4 gallons of chilly Ozark Lake Water, immediately before boarding the ride, douse yourself with the contents of the gallon jugs until you have hardly a dry spot remaining, and then climb on the coaster.

I have yet to ride a thing in the GE area. I only venture up there once a year to replenish my photos for the WITC game!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »
Zephon - I really like the ElectroSpin. Its a hoot. We call it the spinning sombrero in my house. As for the Giant Swing- Eh. Its fun dont get me wrong. Just an up and down motion that will get your inlaws the motion sickness bug and cause them to go back to the cabin early cuz they dont feel so hot. How they didnt get it on the electro spin I have nooooooo Idea.