General Category > Branson Talk

Tall Pines Campground?

(1/2) > >>

Sweet T:
Can anyone provide some feedback on Tall Pines Campground, specifically the tent sites?  Are they large, secluded, clean?  Thought they had a website, but it doesn't seem to be working.  So I'm not sure if they are even still there.  Haven't tried calling yet.  But in the mean time wanted some feedback on this campground (vs. The Wilderness which I understand is by the hwy and small sites).  Thanks.

joshblakebran:
The Good Sam's Trailer Life Directory rates Tall Pines very high...One of the highest in the area. I've never stayed there as my family stays at the Wilderness. Tall Pines was a Good Sam's park until this year. The tent sites at the Wilderness are not by the road. They are deeper in the campground and look very nice and are very secluded. You might want to check those out (you get a 15% per night discount with a SDC season pass). Anyway, I know you're not asking about the Wilderness. As said earlier, the Trailer Life Directory rates Tall Pines very well. Hope this helps.

Sweet T:
Thanks!  Regarding The Wilderness Campground, any idea the difference between Wilderness Tent Sites and Tent Sites?   They list them both with a few dollars difference. 

biscuitcreek:
We camp frequently at Tall Pines.  There is a specific tent area that I don't think has utilities but is very close to one of the bath houses.  There are some other sites with utilities that can be used for tents or pop-ups.  All of the tent sites are away from the road; it like camping in the woods.  We called Tall Pines today and the office was staffed.

thelarsonsix:

--- Quote from: biscuitcreek on April 03, 2011, 10:51:12 PM ---We camp frequently at Tall Pines.  There is a specific tent area that I don't think has utilities but is very close to one of the bath houses.  There are some other sites with utilities that can be used for tents or pop-ups.  All of the tent sites are away from the road; it like camping in the woods.  We called Tall Pines today and the office was staffed.

--- End quote ---

We have stayed at both, (although not tent camping) and I still prefer Compton Ridge right down the road and across from The Wilderness. They have some of the most secluded tent sites of all 3 if that's what you're looking for as well as plenty of amenities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version