Author Topic: SDC's 2009/10 Project  (Read 271522 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2009/10 Project
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »
^It kind of annoys me how each new ride gets its own loop or "area". Wilson's Farm was great but I think when the new coaster gets here it needs to be attached to a loop already. I don't think it needs it's whole new area.

I don't know, I think it just uses a lot of un needed space.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »
Then should they build a mystery mine type ride where the tree house, rope towers, balloons and carousel are at?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 08:55:03 PM »
Meh, I wouldn't be too picky. In the case of Wilson's Barn, it turned out quite nicely, though it would have been nice if more of the original plans were followed.

The designers at SDC know what they're doing, I think this new area will be a lot better than either Wilson's or the Grand Expo. I just hope they don't try to throw in anymore side-games, at least any that stick out into the pathway like at a carnival...

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 08:56:37 PM »
I hate the side games. We walk right by them and don't even pay attention to them.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »
The games are unnecessary.  That's the part I don't like about Celebration City, too.

And if I hear another bouncing basketball, I may snatch it and see if I can kick it all the way to the cave!  It really disturbs the ambience!

I agree - we don't need any more of them.  They're just not classy or creative enough by Silver Dollar City standards and they cheapen the place.  I never saw games like that on the farm anyway, though I will concede it may be OK with more appropriate prizes in the Expo.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 08:23:39 PM »
See, the thing is that they could theoretically work by giving the place a little more to do than just ride, shop, or play around, but they need to be a lot more creative and a lot better designed than what they have now - and yes, the prizes need to be a little more appropriate.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 08:57:40 PM »
^What are the prizes they offer? I never even looked.

At least SDC hasn't gotten as bad as Worlds of Fun. Gosh that place is awful with their side games.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 10:21:46 PM »
The thing with the prizes (at least in GE) is that you play until you win.  So basically you are buying the souvenir for whatever the price of the game was.

As for the next project... it was said back last year at media day that this would be the LARGEST CAP EVER at SDC next season.  I would assume that would be a new area.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 11:00:18 PM »
So I've been hearing more and more talk about markers lately. If you happen to see any, be sure to note them here, and take photos if you can.

From some photos on coastercommunity, it looks like there's some more popping up around Echo Hollow and the Grand Expo, but as we've discussed before, it's certainly ponderous as to whether they would want to put anything major there. Right now I really think that the area beyond the Giant Swing looks like a good prospect, so I for one will be taking plenty of rides on the train to check it out.

Any more wild thoughts on what may be coming? Aquatrax?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 09:22:39 AM »
Could those markers by GE be for an access road to get supplies to the new Culinary and Craft School?  It's not as if they will be able to drive through the park to get more supplies to it if need be.  They need a backstage access road to it and I think that is what is being built - a spur from the access road to Echo Hollow is more than likely what is going on here.'

As far as an expansion by TGS, they said that right now there has to be a lot more planning on how they are going to get access to the Opera House from the back stage area if they once again have to move the access road there behind the ride to accomodate another expansion that direction.  I think if they build anything back there, it needs to be another Red Gold Heritage Hall so they can have even more space for their festivals.
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 11:13:08 AM »
^^I think the area over by TGS seems like a good possiblity, just because anything by the Grand Expo would be too close to the road in my opinion, especially if it's going to be the largest cap for SDC and a new area.  There seems to be more room to expand around TGS (with a little tweaking to the backstage access for the Opera House).

I would love to see an Aquatrax coaster!  Mainly because I miss BuzzSaw Falls.  :'(

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 05:25:37 PM »
However, this area is no closer to any roads than the current GE.  I thought of the access road as well, but the markers really don't indicate that this is the case.  They are too randomly placed.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcforever

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 07:34:08 PM »
However, this area is no closer to any roads than the current GE.  I thought of the access road as well, but the markers really don't indicate that this is the case.  They are too randomly placed.

I will have to look for the markers the next time I visit.  I have seen the pictures on coastercommunity and will have to change my opinion that I expressed earlier; something major could definitely be placed there without it being any closer to the road than GE.

All this talk is getting me excited about what might be coming in '09.  I'm ready for an announcement from HFE!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 09:31:39 AM by sdcforever »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 10:05:31 PM »
Don't expect an announcement to be made until near the end of Harvest Festival -- and that comes straight from the horse's mouth
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 10:49:12 PM »
I would hope not, I'm having way too much fun with this.