Author Topic: BBQ- SDC - who is the best?  (Read 2285 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
BBQ- SDC - who is the best?
« on: March 09, 2011, 03:05:43 AM »
Ok, so here I am wide awake at 3:00 AM! :o   Been doing some looking around and now I am am getting hungry,  been awake for a couple of hours now. On movie number 2. 

Anyway Who do you think have the best BBQ in the park.  NOT talking about the BBQ festival. 

Best BBQ day to day in the park? 

SteamFreak

• Hatfield
  • DO NOT pull the orange cable.
    • View Profile
Re: BBQ- SDC - who is the best?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
As far as I know the smokers at the Rib house provide BBQ all over the park. I usually pick up a BBQ sandwhich at Buckshots's cuz I love the buckshot corn, plus it's really close to the train, so that makes a difference.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 10:58:28 AM »
I was going to metnion that same thing Steam. I think they are all the same-a different variety here and there, but the same basic elements. Kinda like the pastries-wherever you get them, they should be the same

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
Steamfreak, being a current "insider," is probably one of the best on this site that would be "in the know" about something like this. I remember during my "citizenship" that all the deserts came from the central  kitchen in the complex where the employees cafeteria is. There is a big commercial kitchen in there, and, in my day, the BBQ beef sandwich meat were prepared there, then shipped to restaurants in stainless steel pans to be reheated in ovens. Back in my time, the only meats prepared fully in the restaurants were smoked sausages and quarter chickens that were cooked on charcoal grilles at a couple of places, the old "sorghum shack," and at the old ribhouse in the Riverfront area. I never witnessed any large quantity of meat being smoked at the back kitchen of the rib  house in the Riverfront in my day, and I was in and out of there all the time. Maybe they do now. 
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »
Ok guys!  you win! 

i thought there was a difference, but evidently the only difference is length of time sitting and how fresh they are.