Author Topic: Tractor Museum - College of the Ozarks.  (Read 8550 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Tractor Museum - College of the Ozarks.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 03:36:12 PM »
I dont remember the hearse or the shrunken head from last year.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »
Hearse I remember...head wasn't out, neither was the 2 headed cow head.

pintrader

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 07:35:15 PM »
I had just about forgot about the 2 headed calf, it has been a few years since I have been there.  In my opinion the stuffed animals were the best part of the museum.  I also remember like a 10 or 15 ft long tiger.  Talk about a good mouser!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 07:39:24 AM »
Very nice. We'll have to check that out next time we go. I've always loved the Foster Museum, so this is just one more reason to stop by.

We'll be going to Old Washington (Arkansas) Historic State Park this weekend for the annual Jonquil Festival. There will be plenty of Poppin' Johnnies, one-lungers, hit-or-miss, and other early post-steam tractors and engines on display. The Four States Iron Mongers will be hammering steel into stuff, the local War of Yankee Aggression defensive re-enactors will be on hand demonstrating their field craft, and there will also be the usual "fair stuff", including kettle corn and fresh pork cracklin straight from the kettle.

Mmmmm...  ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 08:22:32 AM »
If you saw the thread I started on Hope, Arkansas this week, you will see I had a chance to visit Old Washington State Park. It was a great park, nice to see the 20 or so old buildings dating from the 1820s to the 1910s. The park employees made the visit special, a school group was there the day I was...last Thursday...and the kids were loving the park. The old pioneer cemetery also had graves of some Revolutionary War veterans, which was unusual to see for Arkansas. If you have a chance to visit Old Washington State Park near Hope, Arkansas, I highly reccomend it.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 08:55:13 AM »
planning on the tractor museum this monday morning..  Dont know if time will allow to do foster museum or not..Planning on some pics for you all!.