Author Topic: Spring Break!  (Read 4264 times)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Spring Break!
« on: February 20, 2011, 10:19:43 PM »
Since I guess I still get a spring break, my husband has suggested that we go to Branson/SDC for the end of that week.  Who am I to deny the man?  So, I guess we'll go.   ;)

It's been fun today just thinking about our options and what we want to do.  We've never been on the Ducks, so we're considering that.  We may even take in a show!  We haven't been to a show in Branson in four years, and that was a Christmas show.  We just have to remember how to travel with an 18-month old.  She does pretty well, but I am not sitting through Dixie Stampede with a toddler, for example.

It looks like we are postponing our trip to Disney one more year, so we plan on extra Branson trips and other getaways instead of a big family vacation.  Just thinking about the Branson possibilities this year... :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Break!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:16:10 AM »
Stacey!

When r u going?  Are you going to stay in town or drive back and forth.?

sorry to hear your losing you disney trip,  But glad to hear Branson will get your money instead.  lol.

have been to several shows, and will think about the toddler aspect..

but i do think the ducks is a great idea, and i would also suggest a "cruise" at the branson landing.  they have several different ones on the paddle boat. boat is named Lake Queen.  Runs about 20.00 per adult..

And of course a walk around the landing is not all bad,(depending on weather) several shops and Bass pro is usually a favorite with the kids.

http://www.bransonlandingcruises.com/

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »
I actually think Dixie Stampede would be a good choice. There's plenty going on the hold her attention with all the animals performing. We took our youngest when he was about that age and he did fine. Plus she'll love eating with her hands. The only downside is she has to sit on your lap or have her own ticket.

As for the Ducks, it's one of our favorite attractions. However the 76 tour is far better than the one that leaves from the landing IMO. I probably wouldn't pay to ride the Taneycomo/Landing Ducks again, but we've rode the Table Rock/Hwy 76 several times and would certainly do it again.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:49:10 PM »
Stacey, We did the fantastic caverns today, was interesting , although i have not been for years..  22.50 for adult and i spent the 5.00 for season upgrade.  i think it is a great deal.  and i think you 18 month old would be just fine. ;D

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  I'm sorry I disappeared for awhile, but things got nuts at school.  We have one more speech tournament left, and then maybe I can exhale!

I'm still dreaming about our trip.  I'm pretty excited to go during the week, although I know it may be busy since many people will be on spring break.  We may actually head home on Saturday and avoid the weekend altogether.

We still haven't made any other plans besides SDC.  I guess we'll just see what we want to do.  I know we'll walk the landing one evening, and I suggested going to the fish hatchery.  DH will want to eat dinner at Grand Country Buffet one night.  The toddler is pretty wiggly, so I'm still not sure about a show outside of SDC.  We'll see.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 12:53:58 PM »
What's a Spring Break  ???
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:08:47 PM »
DH will want to eat dinner at Grand Country Buffet one night.
How is that buffet anyway, we sometimes go to the Golden Corral, is Grand Country better?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »
Country Buffet is VERY good and very large, 

AND as SDC pass holders When you buy 1 buffet, you get the 2nd 1 for 1/2 price....  Now i think that is limited to "lunch".

check your season pass envelope, there is a list of discounted restaurants...

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 10:01:52 PM »

In our district, you can miss nine days of school and still get a spring break.   :P

We like Grand Country better for dinner, although it's been several years since we've been to Golden Corral.  We do have a Golden Corral in Joplin that we visit now and then.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 02:46:27 AM »
the only negative thing i have about grand country is dont go on sunday around noon or shortly there after..

It gets VERY busy with local church goers and us tourists. They also have a sunday morning show that gets out at 12:00.

We went a couple of weeks ago and Peopel were standing in line clear out in the "hallway".   

just "food" for thought.   :D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 07:44:07 AM »
I've stopped in for their frozen custard @ Glenn's, but that's is about it. Unless you count eating at the Bonanza that used to be inside next to the indoor miniature golf course back in the early 80's before it was all renovated.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »

In our district, you can miss nine days of school and still get a spring break.   :P

In our district, we'll get out of school before June  :P
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 06:56:51 PM »
Well good luck to all! I hope your all out by June..!

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 08:22:10 PM »

We'll get out before June.  It may be the last day in May, but summer school starts June 1st.   :)

In our district, we'll get out of school before June  :P

We'll get out before June.  It may be the last day in May, but summer school starts June 1st.   :)