Author Topic: SDC Candy Shop Question  (Read 7233 times)

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Candy Shop Question
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 06:53:39 PM »
Very interesting information betamike, thank you i love reading and learning about the history of sdc and branson area.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »
It's my pleasure!  These oral histories are so precious and harder to get as the years go by.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
As time slips away, it will be harder and harder to find out the early history of the park and company. Thanks BetaMike for your input here. Many of the folks associated with the park prior to 1985 are getting hard to find as they have moved on down the road or are retired or dead.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 09:49:08 AM »
the smarts this group has is astounding. imagine if yall put your smarts together and made a compilation much like jr did with the diving bell. gather as much as possible and make one giant book or several decade info books on the city.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
I'm all for it, but logistics of getting everyone to work together would be impossible. How about a "Highlights of the Forums" or "Best of SDCFans.com" book by Shave? Once it is submitted, for all practical purposes it's his copy to do with what he wants! We voluntarily put it out on his Website.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"