Author Topic: Flooded Mine vs. FITH!  (Read 26445 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Flooded Mine vs. FITH!
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »
It was much better than the laser-eyed zombie ghosts that were there for a while.  Whose off-base idea was that, and what did it have to do with anything???

It's nice to see the prison guard sleeping in the area now.  Who would think a prisoner would try to escape through the tower?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
Yes, those ghost did not make ANY since AT ALL.

That is the way it was for most of my childhood. It use to scare me when I was a kid.
It's funny, one day, it just hit me when I was looking up there: "wait, what in the heck does that have to do with a flooded mine!?!"

I wish I could have seen the 'falling rocks' part of the ride. It is, however, driving me crazy how the rocks reset themselves between rides.

So, after all this, I think it is safe to say I would pick "The Great Shootout At The Flooded Mine" over "Fire In The Hole." I seem to be obsesed with the ride, rather it be a Candy Mine, Flooded Mine, Great Shootout, or in some cases a Ghost Mine.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:49 AM »
A companion on my journey! Glad to see that I won't be alone...besides, everyone else will be waiting in line over at FITH!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 06:53:53 PM »
^The lines move pretty quickly at FitH.

^^Maybe the ghosts are the ones who reset the rocks!  Do you think the net that caught the rocks also elevated them to the top?  Was there magnetism involved?  Could it have been a giant build-up of static electricity?  I hope I'm not giving Andy any ideas for a new Top Ten List here.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2011, 07:03:56 PM »
OH NO!!  not another infamous "Ten List"!!   lol ;D

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 08:27:25 PM »
Think he'll take the bait?

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2011, 08:53:18 AM »
most definitely ;D ;D ;D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2011, 09:03:54 AM »
I would say the net reset the rocks. I have my ideas as to how it could be engineered. I cannot remember fully the effect, I think the rocks were dropped several at a time, not all at once. Possibly a net would raise them, and then drop-to be caught by the lower net (2 nets in place 1 to hold the rocks, 1 to stop it all from falling into the water-the second being stationary), only for the net to be raised again...etc etc...a two net system perhaps-Sorry no top 10 for me...This or the prisoners moved the rocks between each ride to reconstruct the wall only to have it crumble again.....in perpetuity

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 10:16:15 AM »
*Sniff*...... >:(  Hmmm.....I dare say...it sounds like I have been challenged! *clears throat*  The guantlet has been thrown down! I have been smacked in the face by the velvet glove! (Like the dramatics here, folks?!)

Top Ten Ways the FM Rocks Got Back to the Top of FM

10. Ok, everyone....I am blowing his cover.....Rube is actually a Jedi knight! With closed eyes and a lifting of his hand, the rocks slowly rose back into their place.

9. A little unknown magician named David Copperfield practiced his magic on them before he became famous.

8. Red Green built a device for SDC consisting of pulleys, duct tape, chains, hydraulics, rope, magnets, an ironing board, two bicycle tires and a bumper sticker. But you'd have to ask him how it worked.

7. Know why SDC didnt have a lot of money to spiff up FM? Well....that giant vacuum you didnt see was VERY expensive!

6. It's a SDC Top Secret secret! If you really knew how it happened.....it would change life as we know it! Time would stop, cities would crumble, people would flee in terror! *Andy shudders thinking about it*

5. Oswald did it. By himself. He acted alone. At least......that's what the SDC Commission wants you to think!

4. Now.... you finally know what Santa's elves did in the offseason!

3. Dr. Phil gave them a good talking to! He let the boulders know that they had to stop depending on others to make them get up. They had to want it. They had to just accept the fact that lying there was an issue for them and he's not ok with that. They had to help THEMSELVES!

2. Steve Wilkos yelled at them to GET OFF HIS NET!

And the Number One way the FM rocks got back to the top of FM.................

Junior had a secret staircase and got extra pay to retrieve them and take them back to the top again and again!

Hah! Didnt think I would do it, did ya'?!?! Well, I showed you all, I did! I....uh......hmmm.....I wonder if I was tricked into this!
Andymeets1880s

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 10:18:39 AM »
Best list ever! I literelly laughed out loud on some of these!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »
Very well done, Andy. I knew you'd bite
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:50:37 PM by okiebluegrass »

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »
Thank you, thank you. That wasnt easy. Kinda hard to figure out ten ways for the boulders to get back up there. The "Junior" line and "Red Green" line came pretty quick, but the rest were hard. My favorite is number five (Oswald). I almost threw in "He did it from the rocky knoll" but I figured it might be too much.

I am very happy to know you all get such a bang out my top tens. What started as a larf kinda grew popular. Glad to know everyone (or most of you) enjoy them!
Andymeets1880s

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Obviously # 10 was good, but I laughed out loud at #5

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2011, 09:33:07 PM »
Perhaps Timothy Turnbuckle actually "unfalls" the rocks by sending them back to a previous moment in time when they were lodged in the top of the tower.  BTW, why would the rocks be in the tower in the first place???

Or maybe the rocks are biodegradable and disintegrate upon each drop.  They used new rocks for each drop.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Anyone ever ride more than once in sequence? Maybe the rocks only fell once a day and all of us just happened to ride that ONE time at the perfect time of day! :D