Author Topic: Shepherd of the Hills Trail of Lights  (Read 3809 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Shepherd of the Hills Trail of Lights
« on: November 30, 2010, 10:01:42 AM »
Has anyone gone to Shepherd of the Hills and done the "trail of lights" thing for Christmas? Is it worth the ten bucks per head to drive through, and how does Branson look from the tower with the lights all over town? What about the Western show and chuckwagon cookout for Christmas? My wife and I hope to visit in the next few weeks or so. Any tips or suggestions?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Shepherd of the Hills Trail of Lights
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 02:33:11 PM »
The tour is a fun experience and with all the lights it  is worth the fee.  Just went and my 1 year old grandaughter was just facinated with the animated displays. The tower is ok since all you see is the city and surrounding night time lights. Can't tell you about the dinner show, sorry.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »
i think its well worth the fee. its a family tradition for us every year. the lights maybe take 30-45 minutes to ride through  and for some reason we just love hanging out at the gift shop and the tower after the light tour. also cant go wrong with the hot drinks !!!  ;D

coasterjedi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
It is very much worth it if you have never been. Its so much more than just lights. Just magical. The tower is very pretty but I like the animation the best.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »
Sounds like I need to put this on my "to do" list! Thanks!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 11:21:53 PM »
We did the Dinner show last year and really enjoyed it.  It's warm, the food is pretty good and the music is really good. :)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 11:24:44 PM »
Made a trip to Branson today and the Trail of Lights was so packed with cars, we decided to pass on it! The lights we saw from Highway 76 looked great, and the homestead property is very well decorated for the holidays. Just seeing what I saw, I'd recommend a visit.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 07:08:39 PM »
I called and they apparently run that ziplinje until 9pm. It might be intresting flying over the lights  at night but you might also freeze to death in the process.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 08:45:53 PM »
We did the lights when we were down in November they were really good and then we went up into the tower and caught some of the sights. I also went ahead and tried the zipline in the dark since they were giving a discount it was chilly but not to bad. You are enjoying the ride to much to worry about the cold. Definitely worth doing once.