Author Topic: Christmas lights-2010- Indian Point? Kimberling City?  (Read 9688 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas lights-2010- Indian Point? Kimberling City?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 06:57:08 PM »
i checked indian point website, and still no mention of lights this year.. I would have to guess they will not being doing lights this year either.. didnt know kimberling city had sold their lights..  so i guess..........................

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 11:07:23 PM »
That's truly a bummer if they are no longer going to put up any light displays. Unfortunately, electricity isn't cheap, and there is a lot of "competition" so to speak with other light displays within the region. Hopefully things will change one day, and they will bring them back.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 06:52:23 PM »
maybe someday.. ???

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
was this light spectacular that spectacular that you would want them back?? And if so should they not try somethin like charge each car 3$ a car load??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »
It has been years since we drove through the Kimberling City display, but we were amazed at how animated the lights were.  It was a great display.  Of course, after walking through the Old Time Christmas at SDC, I really don't need to go driving through lights.  Our experience at SDC is more intimate (despite the large crowds) and we feel more a part of the display.  Driving through a display is more akin to watching the light displays on the Travel Channel. 

If anyone is around Chickasha, Oklahoma, you should stop at their display and walk through, see Santa, cross the lake bridge, and take a horse-drawn wagon ride.  Then find Jake's Ribs and have a feast!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »
to me the loss of the lights from kimberling and indian point is more from the tradition..  they had light displays for years and were "part" of the branson area tradition. I am a big softy, I had to see tradition die :'(

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 12:54:55 PM »
History Buff. I live in Yukon, OK. We have a display here that rivals the Chickasha Festival of lights. Usually just go to Yukon, Chickasha and Kingfisher. I really want to go to OTC at Silver Dollar City this year, but I'm not sure I will be able to

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 01:32:56 PM »
sure hope you can make it okie....  it is worth seeing and if you have an extra evening, shepherd of the hills has a drive through display and there is another drive through on the west side of branson that is a "must" see....

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »

If anyone is around Chickasha, Oklahoma, you should stop at their display and walk through, see Santa, cross the lake bridge, and take a horse-drawn wagon ride.  Then find Jake's Ribs and have a feast!

I haven't been to the light display in Chickasha, but have been to Jake's!  It was a feast!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 11:26:33 PM »
Some of our family visited Branson today. We passed through Kimberling City and Branson West on the way to Branson, and were disappointed not to see very many lights in either community at all. Some of the commercial buildings were decorated nicely, but the lake front area at Kimberling had nothing. Boo Hoo!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 01:50:17 AM »
Next weekend we'll be doing the Christmas Fest thing way down in Natchitoches, Louisiana. We love the lights and stuff, but mostly we're going for the food. Hello, "Cracklin' Man"!

Need some boudin, and cracklins, and etouffee, and jambalaya, and oh yeah, crawfish season has started, so hook me up with about three pounds....  ;D