Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 282796 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #600 on: June 12, 2015, 10:29:08 PM »
I think it's a great ride idea, but I'm just wondering how much more congested that area would be if there was a major roller coaster there?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2015, 10:36:05 PM »
Other than Christmas, never noticed that area as being congested. Though full disclosure, I don't spend much time on the square.
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 13, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »
Plus thats where the stairs are to get to the old picture stands before you go into Marvel Cave. There is also the Employee walkway, and the gates and road for the employee vehicle road there.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #603 on: June 13, 2015, 10:57:59 AM »
Other than Christmas, never noticed that area as being congested. Though full disclosure, I don't spend much time on the square.

Maybe it isn't as bad as I would expect. I avoid the square to get from ride to ride and so the only time I am there is when we enter the park and leave.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #604 on: June 13, 2015, 11:09:13 AM »
Sorry, Swoosh.  I pictured that you were talking about between Hospitality House and Ozark Marketplace.  That would be absurd. :o
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 13, 2015, 11:58:19 AM »
Plus thats where the stairs are to get to the old picture stands before you go into Marvel Cave. There is also the Employee walkway, and the gates and road for the employee vehicle road there.

Let's try reading all of the posts before replying as THIS was already covered.  Thanks
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #606 on: June 13, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »
I wonder if you could do this ride as part of a TNT remodel, you could have the start of TNT up to the lift hill then instead of the lift have the launch into the indoor sections exactly as Swoosh described and make it more of a family coaster if that wasn't your original plan. And while we're at it, let's redo AP to match the same cave theme.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 13, 2015, 01:44:49 PM »
I don't think AP needs to fit the cave or mining theme.  It's in the lumberjack area and needs to regain that focus to the area.  A log floating through a mine doesn't make as much sense.  All in all, AP is where they should really focus.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #608 on: June 13, 2015, 02:00:56 PM »
I know most people will disagree with me, but I don't think that AP is that bad. Of course it was built 20 years before I was born so I don't know what it was once like, but I feel that other things should be done before that needs to be done.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 13, 2015, 02:30:55 PM »
Trust me:  it's only a rise and a drop now.  AP used to be an excursion.  Not to mention the structure itself is looking pretty rough.  I wish you could go back in time to see it for what it was.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 13, 2015, 03:17:46 PM »
I'm all for having AP go to a logging theme. I want a rename to fit that theme though and lots of animatronics to go along with it - pretty much like what KBF's is like
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 13, 2015, 05:00:51 PM »
I never knew there was a lumberjack area  ???. Also, why would you have to float in a log. You can make it a boat.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 13, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »
^Think about it.  The logs are cut by the lumberjacks in the hamburger area and floated down the river in AP, where they are hewn and stacks into piles of shingles or formed into the shape of a cabin at the homestead.  That side of the park needs revitalization with this as a tighter theme.  Wildfire is even aptly named and can fit well within that "land".

^^Absolutely, Swoosh.  Rename it, rebuild it, and fill it with movement - forest animals and lumberjacks all around.  No chainsaws though; stay 1880s.  While I'm happy with KBF's, I'm satisfied that a new AP could drip with more character and charm.  KBF is kind of bland in it's literal theme, with none of the potentially fun storyline that it could have.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 13, 2015, 07:40:25 PM »
I have to admit, being an armchair imagineer is fun.
Here is my plan for the area.  
I think completing the loop and redoing the walkways near Wildfire will really help out here.
Also moving the log flume station to near the Lumbercamp area is a must and then that area can be themed to being an actual Lumbercamp.  The furniture store can add a backstory to the fact that they get their wood from there.  The eating places across from Lumbercamp need to be rethemed to reflect the direction that the area is going with.  Also would anyone be against moving the Old Time Photos to maybe up on the square or even where the Woodworkers are near Huck's Hideout?  The Woodworkers could be moved to that space then and then we have even more woodworking stuff.

Now for the ride, I want the splash down visible from the dinning patio of Lumbercamp - that should add more traffic to that area.

---

Now you might notice that I added some expansion pads back by Wildfire.  I think with that new loop, that opens up area for another coaster pad.  Also I think a new restroom will be needed on the new loop and I think where I put it on the map is a great spot.  Another grab/go food place can be put back there with a patio that dinners can sit at and watch both PowderKeg and Wildfire.  

Oh and there is enough room to put in a super themed flat ride back there as well.  Maybe something like the Cloudpoofer 2000 at Worlds of Fun... a themed indoor flat ride of some sort.  Must be inside though.
---

Again, thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 07:43:26 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 13, 2015, 08:24:59 PM »
Since you and I are in charge of spending HFE's money, it is a unanimous vote to go ahead with this project.

I also want my new lumberjack saloon to compete with the classic saloon just across the street.  I'll have to look for it from earlier in this thread.

Ah, here it is:
There's a new saloon in town, one packed with action, a larger stage, and room for people to sit.  Located between Wildfire and the Lumberjack Camp, the new saloon boasts a brand new show in which the lumberjacks get in on the action.  They dance on the "root beer barrels", throw axes, climb to the second level, and do other lumberjack stunts.  This interrupts the dancing girls.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:27:59 PM by History Buff »