Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283842 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #375 on: March 16, 2015, 10:12:34 AM »
Can't do much there as the Lake is very close to the cave.  Not much  "cushion" between the two in that area.  I would, however, like for the entrance to Lost River to be moved to inside Fireman's Landing.  The entrance/exit boardwalk could go along the faux rock wall.
I am not sure if I understand your idea.  Do you mean to run the walkway around the back of the lake? 

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 16, 2015, 11:30:09 AM »
Can't do much there as the Lake is very close to the cave.  Not much  "cushion" between the two in that area.  I would, however, like for the entrance to Lost River to be moved to inside Fireman's Landing.  The entrance/exit boardwalk could go along the faux rock wall.
I am not sure if I understand your idea.  Do you mean to run the walkway around the back of the lake? 

Yes, I believe that is what he means.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #377 on: March 16, 2015, 11:55:54 AM »
Again, if we are calling this Fireman's Landing, there should be a boat aspect to the area.  I know it would take license with Ozarks history, but some sort of fire boat sitting in the lake, with fountains spraying from it might be an interesting addition.  I don't know that it needs to be a ride, but it could be a cool fountain feature.  Maybe it could even do a dancing fountain show at set times throughout the day.  Light it up at night for a light and water show.

With enough viewing area, something like this could create a "mist-curtain" for a nightly projection presentation of the Bald Knobber history and tie the firefighter theme to FitH.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 16, 2015, 12:26:20 PM »
Wow History Buff. That is a very nice idea! Kinda like the CC show Ignite the Night or Branson Landing's water and fire show. I also like the boat idea. I think anything would be nice there, as long as nothing collapses and nobody gets hurt. I still also like my idea of some paddle boats, like the swan boats that other parks have, but maybe something besides swans. Maybe something like ducks, dogs, or water buffalo. As long as they find a way to make it popular and get people over there.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 16, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »
I like the paddle boat idea...it would be great exercise and very relaxing. How could it be themed? Would there be issues getting insurance for an "attraction" like that? How many boats could fit on the lake at one time? Would something like this even be feasible Swoosh?
Colorado SDC Fan

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2015, 01:41:27 PM »
It could be a duck, dog, cowboy, water buffalo theme, or some other theme like that.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 16, 2015, 02:06:20 PM »
It could be a duck, dog, cowboy, water buffalo theme, or some other theme like that.

...or  renaissance themed.  ::)
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 16, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »
I wish it could be. But someone else said they wouldnt do that.  :-\

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 16, 2015, 03:36:49 PM »
I am OK with most everything folks are describing, but think the in park ads over the piped in music idea really are not what I want to experiece. Bummed out on that one. I will have to restrain my comments until I can get up to the park and hear it for myself. I can say this...if you don't like something, COMPLAIN. Tell any and all citizens how you feel...if you see survey folks as you are headed to the marketplace, or ask someone to have a manager come speak to you, if enough folks do this you will see results.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 16, 2015, 03:44:32 PM »
Agreed! Talk does get around fast, but sometimes you need to tell more than 2 people.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #385 on: March 16, 2015, 05:20:15 PM »
Again, if we are calling this Fireman's Landing, there should be a boat aspect to the area.  I know it would take license with Ozarks history, but some sort of fire boat sitting in the lake, with fountains spraying from it might be an interesting addition.  I don't know that it needs to be a ride, but it could be a cool fountain feature.  Maybe it could even do a dancing fountain show at set times throughout the day.  Light it up at night for a light and water show.

With enough viewing area, something like this could create a "mist-curtain" for a nightly projection presentation of the Bald Knobber history and tie the firefighter theme to FitH.

As for the "boats" if you move the entrance to Lost River by the FL restrooms you could do a returned of the ride and give it a purpose. 

I like the idea of a fountain show on Lake Silver.  I'm visualizing what they do at Dollywood for their special effects tree on their pond at Christmas.  We could even move our tree there to clear out some of the traffic on the square. 

Ooh!  They could put a skating rink where the tree usually is. 👍

SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #386 on: March 16, 2015, 05:21:54 PM »

😂😂😂😂 stop it, you're making my sides hurt from laughing so hard
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 16, 2015, 06:27:02 PM »
LOL..!! ;D ;D

Swoosh !  Stop it!  your not helping!!..................

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 16, 2015, 06:35:09 PM »

😂😂😂😂 stop it, you're making my sides hurt from laughing so hard

Could you strap a couple of old Ray Johnson blades on a old broommakers broom handle. Then get a couple of horses and let the Hatfields and McCoys joust it out on the square?

Hollwood

« Reply #389 on: March 16, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »