Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 285990 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #285 on: January 30, 2013, 07:11:43 AM »
The diving bell concept would be a great idea, but I would like to see it brought back as a 3D/4D concept similar to Spider-Man at IOA or toy story mania. Stationary simulators have not seemed to evolved much to me. The ride through concepts though keep getting better.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
Oh, I dunno. The refurb of Star Tours is AMAZING. Every ride is different. So much so that my friend and I rode it *8* times in one day, and we still have not seen all of the combos. Also, the 3D in it is magnificent; the glasses they use a wonderful, and the 3D is SO clear.

I think a new Diving Bell with 3D and maybe a randomized mix of elements like the new Star Tours could be something incredible.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2013, 03:37:25 PM »
With todays technology a new diving bell attraction at SDC would be G-R-E-A-T!!! I bet it would cost ten times what the original attraction cost to build! (About $1.5 million.)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »
With todays technology a new diving bell attraction at SDC would be G-R-E-A-T!!! I bet it would cost ten times what the original attraction cost to build! (About $1.5 million.)

So what, It needs to be done. It's the one thing we all agree on and gives us a weather proof attraction.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 30, 2013, 06:53:39 PM »
I think the return of the Diving Bell following Outlaw Run would bring in visitors by the flocks!  ;D

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2013, 07:20:16 AM »
Oh, I dunno. The refurb of Star Tours is AMAZING. Every ride is different. So much so that my friend and I rode it *8* times in one day, and we still have not seen all of the combos. Also, the 3D in it is magnificent; the glasses they use a wonderful, and the 3D is SO clear.

I think a new Diving Bell with 3D and maybe a randomized mix of elements like the new Star Tours could be something incredible.

I rode it 6 times and never got the same story. I agree the 3d elements are great, but the motion elements are not much improved over the original. I still think the 3D/4D type like Spider-Man where you move along a track in front of screens would be a great diving bell type attraction. It would probably be to costly for HFE though.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »
why copuldnt they do a simple panoramic 360 degree view?
 i dont know what the correct name is, but you all know what i am talking about..   
they could do 3 or 4 different recordinge/scenarios,  and there ya go!.. 
wouldnt think the expense would be too extreme..

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2013, 01:39:41 PM »
Throw me 3 season passes and if they need a ruby dugan voice over Im their gal!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »
What would be fun would be to utilize the technology used on Soarin' at Disney parks and make it into the next generation Diving Bell.  Might enclose the seats into a "sub" or something
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
OMG. I LOVE Soarin'. Either make a Diving Bell attraction with that tech, or a flyover of the Ozarks, which has to include a flyover of SDC with accompanying smells (I love how in Soarin', when you fly over the orange orchards, you actually smell oranges!). Could theme it to the flight of a bat from Marvel Cave or something.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2013, 07:27:13 PM »
Just another flying contraption of Doc Harris
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2013, 07:05:17 AM »
I remember a time when the PTB considered "revamping" the original diving bell attraction when it was still in place, about 80/81/82 they had "experts" come in from somewhere else...where I do not know...and they rode one of my rides, after the visitors got out, the experts proceeded to walk around the capsule, and one thing they did talk about then was a 360 panoramic view! They wanted to remove some of the wooden panels to put in more windows, but that would have meant shooting additional film, putting it in sequence with what was already in place, and then refitting all five capsules. I'm sure that idea at the time was not cost efficient. Bottom line is, to the best of my knowledge, no changes were made to the original attraction at that time. In a new attraction, something like that could be worked in from the start. Think about this, though, if you see less on screen, you don't know what's coming at  you next...a torn off boat dock, a rockslide, Eli Tolts, and so on...might make it more exciting NOT seeing something until the last second! ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Hollwood

« Reply #297 on: March 14, 2013, 07:46:41 PM »
I think this would be the ultimate solution to the abandoned waterfall/CC ride situation. I know some of you don't want RF to come to the city, but if they do it right, it could look something like this. Think of the classic float trip on top of the hill with a surprise ending down the waterfall behind Lumbercamp. The queue line could take the classic route under the waterfall and up the hill behind the jerky shop. The station could be up there as well with the lift hill being at the end of the ride... Lumbercamp Falls!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 14, 2013, 08:40:57 PM »
I think this would be the ultimate solution to the abandoned waterfall/CC ride situation. I know some of you don't want RF to come to the city, but if they do it right, it could look something like this. Think of the classic float trip on top of the hill with a surprise ending down the waterfall behind Lumbercamp. The queue line could take the classic route under the waterfall and up the hill behind the jerky shop. The station could be up there as well with the lift hill being at the end of the ride... Lumbercamp Falls!

not bad

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 14, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »
I showed a suspended coaster from Whitewater West in concept art for GG some time back and mentioned that Vekoma was putting in something similar at a monster of a waterpark over in Dubai. Here's a photo of the coaster that drops water bombs to fight back.

Here's a link to a review of this highly themed waterpark

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/yas-waterworld/photos