Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283807 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2012, 08:36:19 PM »
I like this idea more as a dark ride. I think Shave came up with a concept for a boat ride, but it could be an indoor coaster, too. "Creature on the Creek"  which explores the legend of MoMo the Monster, also known as Bigfoot. Plenty of Bigfoot sightings over the years in OK, AR, and MO! So it fits right in with an Ozark theme.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »
I like this idea more as a dark ride. I think Shave came up with a concept for a boat ride, but it could be an indoor coaster, too. "Creature on the Creek"  which explores the legend of MoMo the Monster, also known as Bigfoot. Plenty of Bigfoot sightings over the years in OK, AR, and MO! So it fits right in with an Ozark theme.

A boat ride has no elevation, ect, it's Flooded Mine rethemed. I'd want it indoor as well.

I still favor a  indoor/outdoor spinner themed like and ice house.

A want my cake and eat it too.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2012, 08:46:36 PM »
I like that suspended coaster w/water idea. I've seen vids of that type of coaster, and that'd be really uber fun!

Also like the indoor coaster idea, too.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
Well we know that Buzzsaw Falls was such a success that SDC promptly replaced it. Well These things have evolved, check out this thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl2Jzo9MW0w

This is a new flume ride across the Atlantic. It has a Gerlauster Bobsled coaster that wraps around it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGCU_Kn1c5g

I love the idea of integrating  rides  together like this. A cool concept would be for  a rework of American Plunge with a coaster like this. Theme a bridge for the coaster over the channel just beyond the Flume's splash and sometimes the ride would get just right a light mist would hit the coaster riders.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:20:25 AM by chittlins »

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2012, 10:11:52 AM »
Uh uh no way. That thing had an ELEVATOR!!! No way would I get on that thing. Yuck o!!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2012, 10:20:58 AM »
Uh uh no way. That thing had an ELEVATOR!!! No way would I get on that thing. Yuck o!!!

Is there anything you like?

Pics of the second one's construction here:
http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&forum=DCForumID4&om=7412&omm=17&viewmode=

And a pov video of the wild mouse like bobsled ride thats intertwined with the flume

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPcagV1vM0

4 mil in Euro is a little more than 5.1 million dollars.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:36:42 PM by chittlins »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of the new Intamin flumes (ie, the one with the weird elevator). Seems like a lot of flash with little improvement on the ride experience, and the drops are pretty lame. Whoever built the new one at Klotten (ABC?) did a good job though - that one actually looks fun.

I'm a much bigger fan of the old heavily themed Hopkins flumes with the upgraded boats like DW's flume. For SDC, I hope they keep it simple and just theme the heck out of it with a really imaginative theme, basically like what AP used to be like.

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2012, 04:43:42 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of the new Intamin flumes (ie, the one with the weird elevator). Seems like a lot of flash with little improvement on the ride experience, and the drops are pretty lame. Whoever built the new one at Klotten (ABC?) did a good job though - that one actually looks fun.

I'm a much bigger fan of the old heavily themed Hopkins flumes with the upgraded boats like DW's flume. For SDC, I hope they keep it simple and just theme the heck out of it with a really imaginative theme, basically like what AP used to be like.
I miss the "falling" outhouse.
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2012, 09:09:28 AM »

Is there anything you like?

Green trams, maybe?  ;D

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2012, 09:59:26 AM »
A Gerstlauer EuroFighter or an S&S El Loco themed as an old grainery all enclosed or a little of indoor/outdoor.

Some photo references:

Some  El locos

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct5vLvXk1Tw

new compact Eurofighter at Galveston

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:55:10 PM by chittlins »

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2012, 10:52:10 PM »
The picture in the middle kinda reminds me of The Mystery Mine at DW.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »
The picture in the middle kinda reminds me of The Mystery Mine at DW.

Mystery Mine is a EuroFighter but longer than the compact version they stuck on a pier as shown in the last photo.

do a youtube search on:  Steel Hawg POV for another El Loco example.

Both rides offer a beyond vertical drop, the El locos have a tight little corkscrew at the end of the rides

BALZYMAGEE

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »
What about like a moon car ride and throughout the ride there could be like old Moonshining Distillaries, you could pass through an old bridge that goes over a creek, then a couple cabins with animatronics pickin their banjos on the front porch.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2012, 11:21:42 AM »
What about like a moon car ride and throughout the ride there could be like old Moonshining Distillaries, you could pass through an old bridge that goes over a creek, then a couple cabins with animatronics pickin their banjos on the front porch.

I've given that some thought and the term "Blow your Top" comes to mind. That's where I see drop tower theme come into play. Shoot straight up and drop right back down.

Believe it or not, they tried growing cotton in the Ozarks in the late 1800s. I've seen the crop records for Newton Co. Arkansas. Another attraction could be themed around an old cotton gin. The cars would resemble a cotton bale.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2012, 12:04:49 PM »
I was putting some thought into the whole moonshine theme......at the end some hillbilly could chase you outta the woods brandishing a shotgun....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!