Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 283717 times)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2011, 03:33:26 PM »
^ I noticed that too on Facebook. The vote was for:
American Plunge
Lost River of the Ozarks
River Blast
Other

LROTO had the major lead. I voted for it was well. I thought about voting for AP, but my thought process behind not voting for it was this: maybe if AP doesn't get a lot of votes, they will revamp it, and by that I mean fixing up the tunnel.

I know it sounds far-fetched, but ya just never know what they are truely thinking when they send out these vote's and survey's.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2011, 03:52:16 PM »
I personally think this ride would clash with SDC's charm. I mean at Dollywood their slogan was always "Come Enjoy some Homespun fun!" and they've stayed pretty true to that with unique well planned and thought out attractions. They always stuck to the East Tennessee/Smoky Mountains theme. This ride would look bad at SDC. (Atleast they way I envision it) But who knows they might be able to make it fit.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
My Attraction Ideas
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2011, 09:51:37 AM »
<soapbox>

Bring in more demonstrating craftsman (and women), more street shows. Let us walk behind the waterfall again. Bring back the diving Bell. Fix things right when they break. Put the waterfall back in front of grandfather's mansion.

</soapbox>

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2011, 11:33:01 AM »
Oh come on okie! You know it’s much more practical to rush into a new attraction than to repair, or revamp what is already in place. ;)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »
Oh come on okie! You know it’s much more practical to rush into a new attraction than to repair, or revamp what is already in place. ;)

Now thats funny!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »
Well, now that we kinda know what's around the bend for 2013, what about 2015.

I just reread this thread. I could see a rehab of Flooded Mine but with 3d effects. Same could be done with a New Diving Bell with 3d effects.

I'm somewhat facinated with the spinning car coasters like Tony Hawks big spin and the Fairly Odd thing at mall of America. Theme it as the baldnobbers hiding their shine in the town's water supply in an attempt to get by the revenuers and it's causes you to start spinning.

Tunnel at American Plunge needs work and it would make it less boring waiting to get wet.

The whole splash harbor needs redone.

Why didn't they move the ferris wheel to Grand Expo from Celebration City.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »
I just reread this thread. I could see a rehab of Flooded Mine but with 3d effects. Same could be done with a New Diving Bell with 3d effects.

I am with you on a new Diving Bell using new technology! Although the Flooded Mine could use a spruce up, I love its current classic feel.

The whole splash harbor needs redone.

Well, you are in luck since they removed Splash Harbor several years ago. Yes, yes I know you are referring to Geyser Gulch, and I agree that it could use a touch up. :)

They would have to completely re-theme the Ferris Wheel, and find a big enough footprint in the Grand Exposition to put it.

I like your creative thinking, keep it up. :)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »

Good lord, talk about your breaks in theme. That would pretty much ruin all the charm the city has left. There's no way they would theme that in any way that would actually make it fit in with the park.

I like most of your other ideas though. GG and AP need some help in order to deliver the same experiences we grew up with.

I don't like the idea of changing Flooded Mine though. IMO, it's perfect the way it is when everything is working. They can build a new attraction to have 3d effects.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2012, 03:30:48 PM »
CHange the flooded mine by...... taking out the guns?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2012, 04:39:29 PM »
If the powers that be put a ferris wheel at Grand Exposition, it would lift up passengers above the tree height, and right there in your 1880's experience you would get a clear view of the intersection of Indian Point Road and Highway 76 and all that traffic. A ferris wheel is fine, but maybe they could place it somewhere on park so we don't have to see traffic going by. Some people would not care...after all you get a wonderful view of condos on Table Rock at Wilderness Church and the viewing platform at Wildfire...plus from the cars on the track at Wildfire and Powder Keg. It's just the way it is...well, EXCEPT back in Miss Mary's time...but we are NOT in her time anymore as we have discussed here many times before.  ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »
After we get this roller coaster in 2013, the one thing I want before we get any other ride is an American Plunge renovation. Take it back to its glory days of when I was a kid. Fix the tunnel, fix all the gimmicks. Heck, last year when I rode it the head was off of the drowning man. It just really brings down the quality of that entire ride.

After that, I still think a shot tower would fit in perfectly in the Powderkeg area.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2012, 07:01:58 PM »
From what I've heard, we're in the midst of a 3 project boom.  The first is the smallest budget of the three.  The next after this might include some relocated rides along with something else. The final one is the big whopper and had been rumored for years.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2012, 09:24:52 PM »
From what I've heard, we're in the midst of a 3 project boom.  The first is the smallest budget of the three.  The next after this might include some relocated rides along with something else. The final one is the big whopper and had been rumored for years.

Very cool information. I've heard something along these lines from a couple of other people as well, though people are always talking about the "project pipeline". From the sounds of things I'd guess a new area could be planned behind GG or the Expo with Roaring Falls and the Accelerator shot tower from CC along with some other things, and then finally the Ice House/Mystery Mine concept at some point that's been rumored in some manner for at least 8 years now.

I just hope they don't try to pull out another 'Adventure' theme...

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2012, 02:08:09 PM »

Wow, great news! Do you know if this project boom is supposed to happen for three consecutive years, or is it spread out over like a 5 year period?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »
CHange the flooded mine by...... taking out the guns?

My 8 and 10 year old think the Flooded Mine is a waste of their time. It is, as my boy says, "super boring." These kids have 3d gaming systems. Revamping the Flooded Mine with 3D technology that makes the shootout more interactive might make it much more appealing to them and others. You go to universal and other places and you understand where I'm coming from. Sentiments aside, it needs work otherwise it'll continue to get lost in the shuffle. It seems like a ghost town when we go with nearly no one in line.

I and my kids liked the spinning coaster at Six Flags and I think with the proper theming be really cool.

Sorry about the Ferris wheel. When I think World's Fair, I think Ferris Wheel.
That's what Iget out of the themeing of Grand Expo.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:36:01 PM by chittlins »