Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 282803 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 09:44:18 PM »
There's a new saloon in town, one packed with action, a larger stage, and room for people to sit.  Located between Wildfire and the Lumberjack Camp, the new saloon boasts a brand new show in which the lumberjacks get in on the action.  They dance on the "root beer barrels", throw axes, climb to the second level, and do other lumberjack stunts.  This interrupts the dancing girls, which include the inimitable Miss Tilley.  It's all the things that make the current saloon show so popular and more!

The old saloon is transformed into something different, but what?  Any ideas?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 09:00:11 PM »
Couldn't we easily move the Tom Sawyer theme into Guyser Gulch (complete with the Tadpole steamboat).  That would free up the huge Tom Sawyer area in the center of the City to work in Daniel Boone, Lewis and Clark, Jim Bridger, and other explorers in the Landing area.  The area could be themed to focus on adventurers (Lost River is already supposed to be about the search for the Fountain of Youth.).  Another river ride perhaps?  A trading fort with Indian and Trapper characters?  Covered wagons just arrived from the east?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 09:21:08 PM »
Mmmmmm, I could see the trading fort, especially if it was off on it's own from the park, a true new area with more than just a featured ride.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 06:31:36 PM »
Hillbilly Hollow.  It's a place full of nothing but front porches, hound dogs, and XXX jugs.  The centerpiece a moonshine still that looks like Cinderella's castle.  What do you do in Hillbilly Hollow?  Sit on the front porch with your hat over your eyes.  (I'm hoping this is a no smoking area.)

sdcforever

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 12:07:27 PM »
I'm not sure how well this would work out on the surface, but I think if it was tinkered with enough it would be plausible.  It's sad how Tom Sawyer's Landing has been stripped of it's identity in the past few years.  How about revamping Lost River to incorporate the raft scene from "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"?  Lost River is right by the Landing, and if it was revamped and incorporated into the Landing it would restore some identity to the area.  If they did that other attractions and shops could be added to help Tom Sawyer's Landing regain some of it's theme.

Just had a brainstorm.  They could incorporate the Riverfront into the Landing and hold Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn plays/musicals in the Playhouse and maybe have some costumed characters (and bring back Mark Twain himself) wander the Landing and interact with guests...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:16:44 PM by sdcforever »

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 11:03:03 AM »
OK, so here's a flying coaster idea:

Mild mannered school master comes to town with a secret:  he has the powers of levitation and flight, and when he's not teaching school, he catches bald knobbers and delivers them to the marshall.  A suspended coaster tells the story with a schoolhouse theme in the queue, along with museum-type displays about education history.  The coaster could be located between TGS and FitH and open up a new bypass traffic area.  It's the same kind of wild idea that brought Doc Harris to invent a new fuel called Wildfire.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »
A brand new show in which the lumberjacks get in on the action.  They dance on the "root beer barrels", throw axes, climb to the second level, and do other lumberjack stunts. 

This would be an excellent way to "re-imagine" the lake behind the Lumbercamp Restaurant.
They could have a Lumber Jack Show - with climbing poles, pole spinning in the lake (where you try to knock the other guy off), chain saw races and what not.  The area would be a great for a show -- and with its proximity to the Lumbercamp Restaurant, it would be sticking with the already established theme of that area.
SWOOSH

DocSpeleo

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 03:54:40 PM »
I just have to say that if half of the people on this list were working in the development department the park would be even more amazing than it already is....

reading ride descriptions that were so vividly described and themed for the city made my heart pound with anticipation as I wished they could just be plopped down in the park over night! lol

GREAT job!  I'd love to read more!!! Any artists with ideas drawn out? scan them and upload them too!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 09:18:32 PM »
You'd have to scan my imagination - - - and I don't there are enough colors in the world for that.

bradhig

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2008, 05:48:45 PM »
a wooden coaster near the wterbogaan

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 11:26:29 PM »
How about a suspended coaster (like Batman at SF) that goes underground and themed like a ride through a mine.  I thought that TNT was originally going to do this.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 12:18:07 PM »
Rube Dugan's Treehouse OR Miners' Treehouse:

Huck's Treehouse is revisioned and repositioned.  The miners have taken to the trees to throw claim jumpers off their tracks.  The new treehouse is complete with spy gear and defensive capabilities (built from items available in the 1800s).  Visitors who trespass in the treehouse will see their living quarters, kitchen, and even restroom facilities (outhouse in the sky, placed above a sidewalk in the populous Silver Dollar City).

Miners are working their mines during the day, but a may return at any time for a snack or a nap.

A room laden with special effects gimmicks will serve as the Silver Room, where each miner has stashed his findings.

This concept could pay tribute to the defunct Diving Bell as parts of the facility would be built to resemble the bell, now salvaged from the depths of Lake Silver.

This concept could also take advantage of some of the recent additions to other Herschend parks and could include a zip line and ropes course elements.

sdcforever

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 10:40:35 PM »
^I like your idea.  It would definitely have to be repositioned, especially given the ropes course elements.  The new splash battle is going to take up a lot of space.  Where would you like to reposition the treehouse?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 10:25:03 AM »
HAHAHA... I love the idea of the outhouse in the tree... LOL

~ "Becky" Joy ~

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 01:18:09 PM »
I like it around TNT someplace, but I'll let the engineers work all that out.