Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > Construction/Rumors

Your Attraction Ideas

<< < (2/155) > >>

Copper:
I could go with a refurbishment of Fire in the Hole and the Flooded Mine. To update FITH they would probably have to demolish the ride and rebuild it, I think this needs to be done. It is a little embarrassing to have Baldknobber leaning against the wall because it is broken, plus to have them move and talk would be much more exhilarating.

No, No on changing the songs in either of the rides, the songs are classics. 

Welcome to the mine game, Welcome to the toil, welcome to the trouble neith the earth and soil.
Sweat a little water you’ll, sweat a little blood, and you might get out if the mine don’t flood.

shavethewhales:
I really want to see something along the lines of a massive shopping area with a wooden roller coaster twisting around and through it. Picture a Geyser Gulch for adults with a tight wooden roller coaster diving in and out and all around it. It might be tacky, but meh - if it were done just right...

Dukefan:

--- Quote from: Copper on March 01, 2008, 07:51:16 PM ---I could go with a refurbishment of Fire in the Hole and the Flooded Mine. To update FITH they would probably have to demolish the ride and rebuild it, I think this needs to be done.
--- End quote ---

I think it would be cool to do a modern version of Fire in the Hole that used real fire and pyrotechnic effects, kind of like Escape from Pompeii at Busch Gardens Europe.

Copper:
Yes, I agree. Escape from Pompeii’s pyrotechnics would be amazing in a new Fire in the Hole. I would want some great audioanimatronics too. The queue line should also tell the story of Marmaros and  the Baldknobbers since not everyone visiting is from the Ozarks.

History Buff:
OK, I concede on the new song/old song discussion.  I haven't been able to hear the themes on Flooded Mine or American Plunge at all lately, so had forgot the FM had a song and not just an instrumental version.  As for the shootout, so many people don't even bother to shoot.  The ride used to have scenes that riders would anticipate and flinch at.  We really thought the saw blade was going to cut our cart in half, and that the explosion would really flood us completely.  It was a dark ride well done, not just a carnival amusement.  That's what I miss, and the animatronics would make it even better (We don't shoot at the pirates in Disney parks.).

Here's another one:  the Ozarks has its own version of Bigfoot, named MOMO.  An attraction could be based on this, in which riders are on an expedition to prove it exists.  I'm thinking of something like the Maelstrom ride at Epcot, in which the ride stops half-way through, and then quickly reverses through scenes as if running away from the very thing we were looking for.  Could be cool.  I noticed the Magic Kingdom also has Expedition: Everest; SDC would have to make sure MOMO was something different than that, which is probably more extreme than they would like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version