Author Topic: Your Attraction Ideas  (Read 282786 times)

sdcforever

Re: Your Attraction Ideas
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »
^Around TNT is a good idea.  They can shorten the queue and put it there.  I've been wishing for a while that they would shorten TNT's queue and put some sort of attraction in that area.

sdcforever

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 11:39:38 PM »
I'd love a new coaster, of course, but Gerstlauer's new Sky Roller looks pretty awesome (and it would be less costly, since that's a big concern right now).  It's a new flat ride they're promoting.  Check out the link below.  I'd think it'd be pretty easy to theme it to the park, along the lines of crazy inventions like Wildfire and PowderKeg.  What do you think?
http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#Gerstlauer

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 12:46:34 PM »
It's interesting, but I doubt it'd have the PpH that they need.

On the topic of flat rides though, I'd really like to see the go back to Huss soon. I hope the mess with Timber Tower hasn't scared them away, because a giant frisbee or a top spin would sure up SDC's ride appeal. Of course, they'd cut into SDC's traditional feel again, but we're moving that way in any case.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008, 11:36:20 PM »
I really like the Sky Roller, and it could definitely be outfitted for the late 19th Century mad scientist theme. I don't know how PpH works out, with 16 passengers for a 4 minute ride (going by the video). It's a very small footprint, so PpH might not count as much as PpAcre.

I gotta say, this has to appeal to every "kid" (current or former) who has ever "flown" his hand out the car window.

8)  ;D

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »
I'd think it'd be pretty easy to theme it to the park, along the lines of crazy inventions like Wildfire and PowderKeg.

For the record, PK's theme is not a crazy invention; it is based around the mining of bat guano from Marvel Cave for the purpose of manufacturing explosives for the mines.

Here's another idea:
Mrs. Wilson needs help with the laundry.  It seems clothes get dirty on a farm - who'd've thought?  A sort of Gravitron ride has been set up in the Wilson's Farm area in which guests enter the oversized old-style washing machine, complete with a giant wringer.

Another addition to Wilson's is the interactive children's area to teach the ways of the old farmhouse.  Children will be invited to look into the "icebox" and the outhouse to see and hear about the modern "conveniences" that were available during the 1800s.  Visitors can try the hand at some of the chores their 1800s counterparts would be doing - presented with tongue-in-cheek, of course.  Farmer Wilson and his wife are the area hosts who are present in the attraction to interact with guests.  I was thinking something like Mickey's Toontown at Magic Kingdom.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »
I'd think it'd be pretty easy to theme it to the park, along the lines of crazy inventions like Wildfire and PowderKeg.

For the record, PK's theme is not a crazy invention; it is based around the mining of bat guano from Marvel Cave for the purpose of manufacturing explosives for the mines.

19th Century science seems pretty "crazy" to people born after the debut of MTv. Have you ever watched a pre-teen kid stare with amazement at the flyball governor on a steam engine?

The recent surge of steampunk fantasy art is perfect evidence of why the 1880s theme, whether "mad scientist" or accurate portrayal of the actual technology of that period, is fascinating for visitors and a huge drawing point for potential new guests.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 06:39:05 PM »
Acknowledged, but I'd hate to see them use that as a cop-out reason to justify a bunch of new attractions - in the same way that I don't want to see too many more "amusement" rides added to the Grand Exposition.  With more creativity a lot of the new technology can still fit within the theme.

That's not to say I haven't proposed some of my own "mad scientist" attractions.  If you look back in this topic, you may find my idea for a suspended coaster - a mild-mannered schoolmaster by day, nineteenth century superhero after hours (Enter through the schoolhouse.).

In the 1990s, I even proposed an attraction to TPTB.  It was of a giant barn attraction that was a combination show and walk-by interactive attraction in which the barn was owned by an inventor who has created new ways to do his chores.  There was an egg collecting machine that did everything but what it was supposed to do, a flying machine that knocked a hole in the roof, a hay chute slide for people to get from the upper level to the lower, and many more ideas.  On the wall would be a giant animated machine-looking contraction made of antique farm implements.  This idea was proposed long before Doc Harris invented his Wildfire fuel, but I like to think I may have planted the seed for this idea in my proposal.

Now to revise a previous idea:
Hillbilly Hollow.  It's a place full of nothing but front porches, hound dogs, and XXX jugs.  The centerpiece a moonshine still that looks like Cinderella's castle.  What do you do in Hillbilly Hollow?  Sit on the front porch with your hat over your eyes.  (I'm hoping this is a no smoking area.)

How about making this a WiFi area where folks could sip coffee and bring their laptops to enjoy the internet in a nature setting.  I could see myself doing some research or using the setting as the inspiration to the Great American Novel.

Would anyone else LOG on (Get it?  Can't you see the logo?) at the park?

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 08:17:15 PM »
I have wanted SDC’s registers to look like that computer on the Wikipedia Steampunk page for a long time. I hate the way those huge boxy computers look in all the shops. I love the mix of modern and the past, I think it is imaginative and people would appreciate it more.
In a way it’s reminiscent of the SDC of the past, where they went out of their way to offer an amazing presentation. Steampunk could be utilized all over the park.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 08:59:30 AM »
Now to revise a previous idea:
Hillbilly Hollow.  It's a place full of nothing but front porches, hound dogs, and XXX jugs.  The centerpiece a moonshine still that looks like Cinderella's castle.  What do you do in Hillbilly Hollow?  Sit on the front porch with your hat over your eyes.  (I'm hoping this is a no smoking area.)

How about making this a WiFi area where folks could sip coffee and bring their laptops to enjoy the internet in a nature setting.  I could see myself doing some research or using the setting as the inspiration to the Great American Novel.

Would anyone else LOG on (Get it?  Can't you see the logo?) at the park?

I can't see myself lugging a laptop into the park, but I can certainly see parking an elderly relative in there with one. Or taking advantage of WiFi for iPhone connectivity (if I ever get one!)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 09:00:06 AM by KBCraig »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 09:03:55 AM »
I have wanted SDC’s registers to look like that computer on the Wikipedia Steampunk page for a long time. I hate the way those huge boxy computers look in all the shops.

Check out this steampunk Mac Mini that was created as a wedding gift:

http://steampunkworkshop.com/daveveloz.shtml

The monitor is amazing!

Dukefan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »
^Now that is SWEET!  I mean seriously...  8)

It would be great if the park could get some registers and computers styled like that.

danjankids

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
I know that this would be almost impossible, but here it goes.  A revamped CC(renamed or whatever).  A special express train leaving from the same depot in SDC but taking new tracks to CC(or whatever).  Stopping at the SDC campground and new HFE resort hotel on the way.  Both parks open in the summer from morning till say 10pm or so.  So what do you say, too much.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2009, 08:33:33 PM »
^Lol, yeah, a bit too much seeing as right now they can't even get a $5 million Splash Battle off the ground until after a year-long hiatus.

The concept of a link between SDC, Branson, and several other attractions actually isn't new though. There have been at least a couple official propositions to install some sort of rail link from Branson, through Shepard of the Hills, and over to SDC. It's a massively expensive proposition though, and one no party will be able to take part in for many years to come with this financial mess resetting everything.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 02:27:37 PM »
Just pass another "stimulus" plan, and this and all of our other dreams will come true.

crsjrr

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »
I too would like to see the Wilderness Campground connected to SDC. (With a train). I'm sure costs would prevent it.  I also like the idea of an one site resort with it's own entrance to the park.  Something with a theme like Great Wolf Lodge with out the waterpark, or with if we are dreaming.