Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > Construction/Rumors

Your Attraction Ideas

(1/155) > >>

History Buff:
I can't find a strand on site for this, so I'll start it up.

We all like to speculate on future attractions at SDC, and if you're anything like me, you've even dreamed up your own attractions and figured out where to put them in the park.  So how creative are you?

For example, I'd like to see SDC create an area to show Ozark wildlife.  As I understand it, Dollywood has an eagle sanctuary and with the purchase of Wild Adventures, animals are now in the system.  This time, lets see some wild boar, some white-tailed deer, raccoons and bobcats, copperheads and tree frogs.  Only animals that appear naturally in the area, though.  No bison or long-horns, no ostriches or cobras.

Then, how about a roller coaster that combines the serene charm of the beginning of Fire-in-the-Hole with the extreme thrill of a spinner, all while traversing a cool track.  The name of the ride?  Ozark Twister.  It would be complete with quirky Wizard of Oz type images along the lift hill, with a simulated tornado in the distance.  Then after the wild part, the car cruises back by the same Ozarks village after the twister has hit.  I know, it would have to be tastefully done, but it could be done.  Donations could be collected for victims or real tornadoes, and an interactive, educational "museum" could be incorporated (only it would still have to fit the theme of the park).

What kind of virtual reality ride could be put in?  Doesn't Dollywood have one?  The VR rides at Disney and Universal, though expensive, and really cool.

Anyway, now it's your turn.  Who knows?  Someone may take our ideas and actually engineer them.

CJR:
I like your ideas, especially the first one.  I actually had typed up a list of things I'd do if I were in charge.  I'll just copy and past those ideas right over.  Out of my ideas, my favorite is the first one.  I've been wanting to see HFEC do a 3D film for a long time.  Anyway, here you go:

1885 Invention Convention:
TYPE: 3D Theater
VEHICLES: 4D Theater Seats / 3D Screen/ 3D Glasses
DESCRIPTION: In the wooded hills of the Ozarks, the annual invention convention is taking place.  At the convention, inventors will show off the very latest technology and inventions of the 1880’s.  All guests in attendance are required to wear safety goggles (3D glasses) in the event of an unexpected accident.  With all the inventions being new, anything can happen so be ready for anything.  Be ready to be amazed at where our world is going during the convention’s limited engagement at The Silver Dollar City Convention Center.

Fire in the Hole 2.0
TYPE: Indoor Roller Coaster
VEHICLES: Coaster trains/ track
DESCRIPTION: In an upgrade to the original Silver Dollar City classic, Fire in the Hole features cars carrying more passengers in a longer ride.  Basically, the entire ride has been rebuilt telling the same story on a more personal level.  The ride now features lifelike animatronics and a musical ending written by some of the same writers that created the amazing musicals Charles Dickens – A Christmas Carol, Headin’ West, and For the Glory.  A town lives, dies, and is reborn in this classic retelling that is sure to become a new generation favorite.

Lost River of the Ozarks 2.0
TYPE: Circular Raft Ride
VEHICLES: Circular rafts, flume
DESCRIPTION: Featuring the same length and layout (although refurbished), the ride features a better told back story in its queue area as well as several added effects.  Although a portion of the upgrades were made outside, including a few geysers, the big change is the ride’s climax after guests float into a dark cave.  In addition to the thrills of the water, guests will encounter bats, Ozark mountain lion, and even a small cave-in.  The ride is now more thrilling than ever while keeping its loved feel that its fans have come to enjoy since the ride opened in the 1980’s.

Powder Keg 2.0
TYPE: Launch Roller Coaster
VEHICLES: Coaster trains/ track
DESCRIPTION: Not a whole lot will change to the actual ride.  The only major change will be unnoticed and that is an upgraded launch featuring new technology.  The reason for this is because launch rides require heavy maintenance and sometimes an upgrade.  This is that upgrade.  In addition to the upgrade, geysers will be installed toward the ride’s conclusion (that were supposed to originally be included with the ride in its 2006 debut), matching the concept art originally shown.

Refurbished American Plunge area
DESCRIPTION: In an effort to improve the quality of the park, the American Plunge area has been redone giving the ride a new queue area and a widened path to the parks Wildfire.

New Table Service Sit Down Restaurant
DESCRIPTION: Giving guests the feeling that they are dining at an 1880 family’s home, guests are treated to some of the most popular food in the 1880’s.  Served in a great American fashion, guests will be able to order some of the finest foods in America at this one of a kind restaurant experience.  The restaurant will be the hot spot for food in the city as the only real table service restaurant in the park with waiters and waitresses.

Refurbished Train Ride
DESCRIPTION: The Silver Dollar Line, which has been entertaining guests for ages, gets a big upgrade.  New gates are installed in the station; trains are repainted, new seats installed, and a wall built over by The Giant Swing allowing the Robbery Scene to take place in its original location.

Story Time with Grandma
DESCRIPTION: After a day of running around, kids and their parents can take a seat and rest in a newly constructed garden in Tom Sawyer’s Landing while listening to Grandma read a story.  Take a break from they day and enjoy a story in a beautiful garden.

Coaster:
^I've always wanted SDC to make a 3D show. Have they ever even considered it? Anyways I liked pretty much all your ideas CJR except for all the refurbishings of the current rides. I don't think anything should be done to FITH, the train, or Powderkeg (it's practically brand new). I do however agree that if Lost River of the Ozarks got an upgrade many of us will be happy. I think your idea for that was great.

Dr. Horatio Harris' Splash Machine!
Dr. Harris has done it again! From the maker of Wildfire, comes a ride that you might just get a little wet on! This ride would replace American Plunge to make a larger, more exciting, and WETTER ride. It includes animatronics and a 50 foot drop!! The area around the ride will immerse you into the ride and if your brave enough to watch from the roadway we'll guarantee you you will get wet!

-------------------------------------------------------------
I have a bit of an imagination. I picture this ride being something like Splash Mountain where you come out of a "mountain" for the final drop.

History Buff:
Yes, the original plans for Powder Keg need to be activated.  The splash would add a terrific visual.  And the upgrade to Lost River is long past due.  Both of these seem like 1.0 plans that were never made, and both seem unfinished or broken as a result.

That being said, now you have me thinking...Flooded Mine 3.0:

The Flooded Mine returns to its roots - no more Shootout.  New figures (Call them audioanimatronics if you like) really engage miners as they float through in their mine carts.  FM becomes more of an Ozark "Pirates of the Caribbean" with extravagent scenes (The jackhammer guy with his false teeth reminds me of the prisoner on the PotC ride who's whistling for his dog.).  A new song plays through out the ride until riders hit a few rapids in the flood and shoot out of the Ozarks in a grand finale.

You can't replace the Flooded Mine with anything but another, even more flooded mine!

Coaster:
To take the shootout away from the Flooded Mine is like making Silver Dollar City a zoo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version