Author Topic: Dollywood possible 2012 new coaster rumors on Screamscape  (Read 11094 times)

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Dollywood possible 2012 new coaster rumors on Screamscape
« on: November 19, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »
2012 - Possible New Coaster - Rumor Only - (11/15/10) The 2012 new coaster rumors for Dollywood are starting to kick in once again, this time claiming that the project, wherever it will go, may be big enough that they will have to break ground and in with serious construction on it by June or July 2011.
    (10/27/10) Bad news time… as a trusted Screamscape source tells us with confidence that Dollywood is not in talks with S&S for anything other than the Barnstormer right now, so all those dreams of tasty S&S coaster projects (El Loco, PowderKeg, a 4th Dimension Coaster) you all have been dreaming about just went up in smoke… for now at least.  Still… Dollywood is in need of a new coaster in the near future anyway so something has to be in the works with some one. Maybe the Premier Rides rumor will pan out…
    (10/26/10) The latest Dollywood rumors suggest that the park is toying around with a couple of ideas for new coaster projects for 2012. Apparently they’ve asked S&S and Premier for a few different ideas for their next coaster, which to me says that they may be looking into something with a launch. Given the popularity of S&S’s PowderKeg at Silver Dollar City, it could be that Dollywood may be hoping to add a similar ride to their playbook. With all the focus going to the back end of the park for the last several years, I’m hearing that they are looking to breathe some new life into some of the more older areas that could use a little new traffic like near the train station, or in Jukebox Junction near the car ride, or perhaps along the hillside where the Mountain Slidewinder sits. Again, no plans are final yet… though I would suppose they would try to narrow it down very soon, perhaps at IAAPA in November. 

It was updated as of November 15th! Hope they do get a new coaster

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Dollywood possible 2012 new coaster rumors on Screamscape
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 07:23:17 PM »
doubt the management team will make that type of investment 2 years in a row..
2011-Barnstormer 5.5 million
2012-new coaster  ??? million

Doubt it.  guess we will see.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »
Yeah I wasn't sure either but, Who knows what Dollywood will do. :D I am still curious what SDC will do with the Waterboggan site. ???

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »
^^They're a whole lot more likely to put major investments back to back at DW than any other park in the chain. Heck, for the last six years or so, it's been pretty much non-stop big investments at DW.

I don't know that I'd expect another coaster from them so soon though. Maybe they are feeling the pressure from their competition to add more coasters, but I would hope they'd continue diversifying the park with more unique attractions than go the coaster war route.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »
Well, I have no doubt whatsoever that Dollywood is “shopping” for a new rollercoaster soon. Heck, even Silver Dollar City is more than likely planning projects for the 2012, 2013, and so on seasons.

So if you want to be technical about it, I am confident that Dollywood, and Silver Dollar City are both actively pursuing new ideas, and possibilities. Although a new rollercoaster at Dollywood is music to our ears, let’s keep in mind that this is all propaganda, and rumors at this point. Case, and point; How many different variations, and rumors did the 2011 Project Thread go through?

It’s fun to dream, but I am not counting my eggs until they hatch. :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »
ozark, eggs? take mine over-easy with bacon and hashbrowns. thanks.. ;D

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 10:14:56 AM »
Your right Shavethewhales, DW has had back-to-back major investments. For example Timberrrrr Tower in 2006 cost the park $6.5 million dollars and then in 2007 they added Mystery Mine a $17.5 million dollar ride. In 1998 they added the $8million dollar Daredevil Falls and then spent another $8million in 1999 with Tennessee Tornado. SDC has not really had big major investments every year, there's are generally every other year, like Giant Swing 2007 and Riverblast 2010. In 2011 SDC is getting the new Half Dollar Holler which is a $1million dollar expansion and Dollywood is getting Barnstormer with a whole new area called Owens Farm which will cost about $5.5 million dollars. Who knows what SDC and DW will do there both very unpredictable. :D

sclisso

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 04:29:38 PM »
I really hope it is a new coaster. As someone said on another site, a coaster would work great there at the old mansion. I planned it all out,lol. Like if the lift hill went up the mountain parallel to the train tracks, curved a little and dove into the little valley there where a pretzel loop would fit, then do twist over the hill and over into the next valley where it could swoop over the trees and maybe have a couple more inversions. I tried drawing on the google earth image but my drawing skills suck so I posted a picture of just the terrain. It would really work great there. I really hope whatever coaster is next will be something more for the thrill seekers and slightly less for the family. Obviously they aren't going to like the 54 inch height limit on a B&M but I hope they would still try to do something with them and forget about the height restrictions for this one ride.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh, BTW! I'm new here so uh...hi! lol.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:30:48 PM by sclisso »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »
Let's just say 2012 will be a BIG year for a lot of parks.
Just sayin'  ;D
SWOOSH

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 03:10:45 PM »
Welcome to SDCfans Sclisso!  :)

sclisso

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 06:45:29 PM »
Thanks dude! I've only posted once and I already like this more than TN. =) lol.