Author Topic: Funny Photo on SDC website  (Read 3088 times)

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Funny Photo on SDC website
« on: December 19, 2010, 11:59:02 AM »
I was browsing on the website under the accessability page and on there they had a picture that said Welcome to our City! But, in the background you can see on the grist mill it says Dollywood Grist Mill!

Here's the Link - I thought that was pretty funny

http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/you-should-know/default.aspx?id=589

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Funny Photo on SDC website
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 01:21:36 PM »
Yeah, they certainly have a set of stock images from all the parks that they sometimes mix up. At least they haven't started using pictures of coasters from other parks in their advertisements like certain other parks.

I do seem to remember them using that picture of OzCat in DW advertisements though.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 01:51:32 PM »
I believe they did in the Dollywood Nights advertisement

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »
Look back at old brochures from the past...stock photos of rides at other parks apparently are sometimes used. When Lost River of the Ozarks was put in, the brochure in 1985 had a photo, but I don't know where it was taken...but it's not lost river. Same thing with the American Plunge. Check out the 1981 brochure. The Plunge is not pictured...it's a "log" ride picture taken somewhere, but not the plunge. The First Whitewater brochure pictures...not taken at Whitewater! ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 05:07:09 PM »
Nice catch there! I just figured as long as it was an HFEC entity/ attraction, it is okay. NOT CORRECT, but okay.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 10:20:26 PM »
And when you go back to the first year of Dollywood that grist mill was called Silver Dollar Grist Mill and there are a few photos with that name and Dolly herself sitting out front of it.