General Category > Branson Talk

The "health" of Branson area music shows

(1/4) > >>

Junior:
I read on another thread in the last few days that the economy is good in Branson and traffic was heavier this year...how is the current state of music shows in the area? My brother told me last year that some shows were playing to crowds of 30 people! Many shows went bust due to the weak economy last year, and that musicians and entertainers had a hard time finding outlets to work at? Any idea....

Nate65807:
I went to a lot of shows this summer and none of them were particularly crowded. I always go on Fri/Sat so of course none of them were empty either...but it does seem like there should be more people there.

A friend brought up a good point on another thread. Some people are coming to Branson instead of the Gulf of Mexico area, replacing guns with butter...I guess? Are The Baldknobber's a suitable replacement for enjoying the tranquility and culture offered by New Orleans?  If that isn't the case, these folks who were planning on swimming and other outdoorsy activities might be more focused on other activities, though IMO it is too cold for swimming unless you're staying at one of those places with indoor water rides.

okiebluegrass:
The show prices have doubled since the last time I went to them. Who can afford to go to a two hour show at $40 a person?

sanddunerider:
seems to me show prices are high also.. although some of the theaters have 2,3 or 4 different shows and give discounts if you pay full price for the first one, then 10,00 on the next ones.. also a few of them have dinner/show. so that is a little better.  BUT if you look at 35-42,43.00per 2 hour show..... then SDC at 55 per day is CHEAP!  although i have found a few shows in the 28-30 range..... BUT still????  SDC all day!!

Nate65807:

--- Quote from: sanddunerider on October 28, 2010, 03:07:38 PM ---seems to me show prices are high also.. although some of the theaters have 2,3 or 4 different shows and give discounts if you pay full price for the first one, then 10,00 on the next ones.. also a few of them have dinner/show. so that is a little better.  BUT if you look at 35-42,43.00per 2 hour show..... then SDC at 55 per day is CHEAP!  although i have found a few shows in the 28-30 range..... BUT still????  SDC all day!!

--- End quote ---

Good point, but if you do spend the whole day, you're probably spending at least $20 per person on food and drink. I always go right after breakfast or lunch so I'm only buying one meal. Even then, I usually hold out for some Fuddruckers or Cantina Laredo for about the same prices i'd pay at SDC :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version