Author Topic: Birthdays  (Read 2096 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Birthdays
« on: October 17, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »
Does SDC do anything special for birthdays (for those who aren't turning 50 this year)?  I know Eva and Delilah's have the birthday cakes, anything else?  We may be at SDC for my daughters 11th b-day.  Also, what size are the b-day cakes from the bakery? Thanks.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Birthdays
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »
I know in the past my daughters have been given ribbons to wear stating it was their birthday.  We just mentioned their birthday to a rider operator and they pinned the birthday ribbon on our kids.  Not sure if they still do it or not but our kids felt kind of special wearing the ribbons around all day. On a side note, my wife was cleaning out her purse the other day and found a wooden Pony Express Pass from SDC.  It has Pony Express Pass with a picture of someone on a horse on one side and Silver Dollar City 48 inches on the other side.  My youngest daughter got it a few years back when, after waiting in line for the Barn Swing, the ride op deemed she was just a bit too short to ride. The op gave my daughter the token so that when she finally reached 48 inches we could go to the exit, present the token and not have to wait in line.  Needless to say we chose to keep the token rather than use it.  If memory serves, it seems my daughter appeared to be tall enough to ride on the measuring chart outside the ride but came up a bit short on the stick they used at the ride.  The funny thing was my daughter had ridden the ride just moments earlier and the same ride op had not given her a second glance let alone measure her.