Author Topic: Half price tickets  (Read 5918 times)

crsjrr

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Half price tickets
« on: July 09, 2010, 08:06:17 AM »
It seems every where I turn all I see are ticket outlets, ticket booths, etc.  How does this work?  Are these outlets all associated with a timeshare visits?  Does it help or hurt a theater by purchasing tickets at one of these booths?  Has anyone used these and do they have a favorite?  Or should I avoid them like I have?  Thanks?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Half price tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »
You might save a little on your tickets like a buck or 2.
Some of those are time share.
If you WANT to do a time share weekend I suggest the Blue Green company, they are in the Bass Pro stores and will sign you up there.  I am fairly sure you can stop at the Bass Pro in SPringfield and they will set you up right there.  THey were at the front of the stores when I was there.  This will get you free rooms plus some extras for a trip through there units.  I just did this in Pigeon Forge and it was well worth it.
Really lowered the price of my vacation.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:57:45 AM »
It is an alternative.  We used to do it all the time.  It doesn't take a great amount of time, and most of them stopped using high-pressure tactics.  You still have to have will power though; they make things look pretty good.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 12:49:37 AM »
You can always go to the Wilderness camp ground and get 2 day tickets for the price of one.  Just wal in the door and ask for the 2 day tickets.  They don't care if you are staying there or not.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
This place has tickets for some shows, attractions, and motels and there's no timeshare tour involved.

http://www.branson2for1tickets.com/

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 06:53:50 AM »
we have been stayong at the eagles nest on the west end of town.  manager is named paige. she does a great job getting our show tickets at a disount usually save 10  15 % per ticket. and she has the 2 day SDC tickets also..

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
You can always give aaa travel a call or go to fourstateshomepage.com and check out half priced deals. They change weekly and its a crap shoot of what they put up but I have gotten twofers at resturants like red lobster on there! or you could try great southern travel. I think they have two day tickets.....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!