Author Topic: Todd Oliver leaving Showboat  (Read 4572 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Todd Oliver leaving Showboat
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »
Not sure where to post this...

Read today on the 1branson board that this is Todd Oliver's last year on the Showboat Branson Belle.  In 2011, Todd Oliver and his talking dogs will have a show at the Jim Stafford theater.  Guess HFE is coming up with something new for the dinner cruises.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Todd Oliver leaving Showboat
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:57:23 PM »
Wow, well that is definitely a shame. He has been a part of the Branson Belle for years! However, it is good to know that he will remain in town. Perhaps, he just wants to broaden his opportunities.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 06:27:42 AM »
My wife and I saw his show on the boat a few years ago, with former Dugan Bob Nichols as emcee. We sure enjoyed it. Oliver did a great job. All best wishes to him in the coming years.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:18:04 PM »
Wonder if the parting of the ways was in some way due to the results of the Showboat internet survey from November 2009?

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 09:40:01 AM »
I think I was four or five when I went on the Branson Belle and saw Todd Oliver. Didn't he also have a Ventriloquist dummy or am I thinking of a different guy?
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 06:48:26 PM »
We had a good time July 31st when we went on the Showboat.  The food was good and the show was entertaining. Enjoyed Todd and his talking dogs, I just wish his part of the show was a little longer.  I'll be anxious to see what direction the folks on the boat go in regards to the show.  Will they try to find another funny man or simply go with more singing and dancing?  I wonder what Oliver will add to his act to stretch his show out to two hours?  I guess we'll be seeing some new billboards for the Showboat Branson Belle!

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »
My guess is that this was a cost cutting move.  They already have one show for the the dinner cruise why pay for extra.  Even though my family almost fell from the captians row the first time we saw Todd and his dogs it was not nor has ever been the major draw for us to the Branson Belle.  I do not want to make it seem like we do not enjoy his show (heck I know of at least 3 cd's we have bought for the kids) but he does not make the event.  I really wonder if he can come up with enough to hold a crowd for two hours.  We all wish him well and will miss him on the boat. 

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 07:52:14 AM »
According to the article from the Branson Tri-Lakes News, not only is Todd Oliver leaving the Showboat but the Showboat is also going to be refurbished.  So for 2011 on the Showboat a new show, new decor, and a new menu. 

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/entertainment/article_56429a78-a726-11df-b73a-001cc4c002e0.html

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 05:46:10 PM »
I am excited for the change!  Todd is great, but the Showboat needs something new.  Also the wallpaper needs changed, its bubbly in areas and peeling in others.  I have a few friends who dance and sing on the boat and even they say they need a change.  I can’t wait!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:43 PM »
I would love for them to refresh the boat trip, show, and food.
Its a pretty expensive venture if you are not going on a deal.
25 for a seasons pass holder isn't bad, but its still a lot of $ for the same old thing.
Maybe T.O. leaving will allow for and precipitate a fresh start.
Change is a good thing

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
Talked to a friend who was in Branson earlier this week.  SDC season pass holders have been getting 1/2 off on noon cruises but can now get 1/2 off evening cruises, too.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
So what kind of show will replace Todd Oliver? Any announcements for 2011?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"