Author Topic: New Craft Barn  (Read 6251 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
New Craft Barn
« on: October 31, 2007, 08:48:55 PM »
It sounds like a huge new craft workshop is being built at SDC that will be choc-full of demonstrations and workshops. It's exactly the kind of thing the park needs, so I'm happy to see it coming. I just wonder where it will be, and how much of this makes up the 2008 improvements.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: New Craft Barn
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:14:47 PM »
hey guys i just got back from sdc and have some news and some pics i'm working on uploading the pics, but i was going through grandfathers mansion and i noticed something different about it or at least have never noticed it on the way out at the exit i saw a sing that said hurry up we lost our lease and in small print at the bottom it said it just came in at grandpa's desk yesterday, has any body ever noticed this sing or is it recently new i think if its new it might be a big clue to next year.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »
^Wrong topic for this.
Sorry, that sign has been there forever. It's meant to discourage loitering around the exit area, as that causes people to get stuck in a jam all the way up the mirror hallway and into the tilted room.
However, I'm still almost completely sure that the mansion will get some serious attention soon.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 09:36:22 PM »
ya i just figured that and they drained lake silver alot this winter you cant't see the mine but you could see the spot where the fake sub came out, i asked employees if they knew what sdc was getting next year but no body knew and the parking lot seems to be coming along just fine.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 07:29:23 PM »
i asked employees if they knew what sdc was getting next year but no body knew

Ah, well perhaps you are asking the wrong employees then.  ;)
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 07:50:10 PM »
Yeah, I usually wouldn't advise asking employees about what's coming next year. It can get annoying, and most of them don't know anyway. The ones that do are probably instructed to be tight lipped. However, it is getting pretty close, so there's probably no harm in it now - though you still probably won't get much.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 08:43:06 PM »
The hourly employees won't know a thing and honestly I STRONGLY ADVISE NOT asking them.  As was mentioned it annoys the heck out of some of them as they don't know or care and are just as surprised when it is announced as you are.
SWOOSH

ideaman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 10:45:54 AM »
Dont get to excited .. its a rummor.. sorry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 11:10:40 AM »
^Not anymore, check the season pass newsletter.

CJR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 11:52:15 PM »
I'm sure SDC fans already know this, but the website says that it will be opening in the fall.  So it won't be ready early in the season.  With it opening in the fall and with them working on it before the park closed in the 2007 season, this must pretty nice.  For them to take almost a year to build it, it will probably be a hot spot after it opens.  And who doesn't like food, right?  ;)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 07:24:35 PM »
Or, it means that this school will only be used for the Craft festival as opposed to hosting different things all year round.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 10:42:08 PM »
Hmm... I'm confused because the sign says something different...
SWOOSH

CJR

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 12:24:38 AM »
Here's a link to the webpage: http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/you-should-know/default.aspx?id=353

I was under the impression that it would be a full season addition, but I see how it could work at the the crafts festival.  Either way, it's welcome in the park by me.  I love their craft demonstrations.