Author Topic: SDC Monopoly!  (Read 16297 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Monopoly!
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 11:03:37 AM »
Just don't use taffy!!! That would start a fight at my house trying to see who would get the neoplolitan piece!

Here are our sculptey pieces-
Ship (with cloth sail)
Declaration of Independance
Tri cornered hat
Tea Chest
Cannon
Liberty Bell
North Church

You could use the following:
Silver Dollar coin
Horseshoe
Carriage/ Stage coach
Boot
Anvil
An axe possibly in wood)
Cowboy Hat
Steam Engine/ Train
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:30:40 PM by rubedugans »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 07:37:58 PM »
You may have the money backwards.  You put the "father of the country" on the most-distributed bill (or should we use only silver dollars?).

I would be a proponent of placing Hugo and Mary on the $1.

How about William Lynch and Henry T. Blow?  I like the idea of sticking the iconic Shad in there, too, but I can't imagine putting outlaws like Ralph and Alf on the money.  How about a Hatfield or McCoy?

As for the tokens:  an ore car, a Bald Knobber mask.  You have to have an anvil and a locomotive.  The cowboy replaces the top hat.  How about a funnel cake?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:38:55 PM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 09:39:02 PM »
Some transferred well from the original, tophat---> cowboy hat, others I was just brainstorming. I also thought Green trams, but they would be silver...but it would still be recognizable.

I was not much of a fan of the Bolin Boys, but I was sticking to SDC park characters/ workers. I thought of The Lynch's, The Herschends, and others, but stuck on the theme...and was hard pressed on who to include only thinking about individuals, others were Ray Johnson, Horsecreek band, Homestead Pickers, Aunt Judy, Bonnie Jean, the Sheriff, the pastor...so many that I could have included-I though it was funny putting the Bolin's on the lowest bills.

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 10:03:32 PM »
It seems to me you should throw in the Beverly Hillbillies somewhere! I dont know where, but I am just sayin'.......
Andymeets1880s

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 10:50:55 AM »
so I am finished with the prototype board at my home. Thought about using a pathfinder map as the background and putting the chance/communith chest cards ontop but the map is the wrong size. Anywho, I am the monopoly champ in my house! (due to some shady bowlin brothers cheating on my end.)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!