Author Topic: Andy Griffith Show Club  (Read 2558 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
Andy Griffith Show Club
« on: July 22, 2010, 01:47:37 PM »
I thought you might be interested in this site. It's called "The Andy Griffith Show Rerun Watchers Club" and you can access it at www.mayberry.com

I HIGHLY, highly suggest checking it out! Go to the forums and, if you want a laugh that will have you in tears, check out the names of the different TAGSRWC chapters around the U.S. and world. They are named after people, place and quotes of the show. Some the names are drop dead hilarious! I saw one chapter named "Pearly Onions Twang My Buds" and about fell off the bed! I was wiping away tears. LOLOL!

It's definitely worth the time!
Andymeets1880s

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Griffith Show Club
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:15:01 PM »
I've spent some time cruising TAGS site. It's pretty good. I enjoy it, but I guess because I spent some time reading some TAGS books a few years ago...like George Lindsey's autobiography, and the Dillards autobiography, that I've learned all I want to about TAGS, and have moved on. I highly reccomend the site to those who love Mayberry...the second best city in the USA (behind SDC!).
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:45:30 PM »
Yeah, those would be pretty informative. But just to go down the list of different chapter names is so funny. One is named "Pucka-pucka-pucka" after Goober was describing the sound of a car. Another was "Call The Man" after Andy's insisting Aunt Bee call the freezer man in Mount Pilot. And another was "Sock In The Head" after Opie describing what he gave a friend in the episode where Opie gave three cents to the Underpriviledged Childrens Fund. The lists and laughs are endless!
Andymeets1880s

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 11:34:57 PM »
The book about the Dillards (Darling Family) is called "Everybody on the Truck" and it discusses the Dillards and how they broke ground with traditional and progressive bluegrass in the 60s and 70s and stopped at Mayberry along the way. Dillards music led to Rick Nelson's Stone Canyon Band, and to the Flying Burrito Brothers and to Linda Rondstadt...and then led to the Eagles and the country rock movement of the mid and late 70s. Who knowed them thar Dillard boys (Darlings) was so dang talented? We all learned they were!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"