Author Topic: Where would you live?  (Read 9042 times)

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Where would you live?
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:24:44 PM »
I suppose this counts as an SDC Fantasy (like the previous thread), but for a moment, think of SDC as a real place.  What?!  Of course it's real, silly!  What I mean is, imagine if you could pick a place to live once all the guests left for the day...where would it be?

I used to do this as a kid a lot.  As I walked through the city, I would sometimes just absorb myself in the fantasy so much that I would pretend for at least an hour or so that I really did live in Silver Dollar City.  Then as I got the chance to work there, it made my interactions with the guests all that much more realistic.

Pick any place that speaks to you.  For instance, the old taffy shop location down by the railroad would be where I would call home.  Something about the well-worn floors, that great mysterious second floor and the homey-ness of it all.

No limitations of course so if someone picks the same place then I guess I'll be having company over and better put on another pot of beans!  Nothing like that neighborly Silver Dollar City spirit!     
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:28:48 PM by betamike »
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Where would you live?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
I would live in the furniture store.  I love the cozy little room towards the front that has windows on three sides. Plus, I would have an awesome wood shop right outside!

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:46:32 PM »
I might be your roommate betamike, my first job was in the Taffy Shop (Depot Location) and I love that building.  However, when I am CEO my office will be located within Grandfather’s Mansion; if you look up at the back of it there is a balcony, that’s the location. 

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 11:02:49 PM »
I think I would live in the Treehouse.  My second choice would be the log cabin that is now, I believe, the basket shop.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 11:50:24 PM »
I could move right into the Culinary & Craft School in a heartbeat.  Not sure where I'd sleep, since there don't seem to be any bedrooms in the place...probably curled up on a rug in front of the fireplace lulled to sleep by the music of Echo Holler.  But I know what I'd do first thing in the morning!  I'd go into that fabulous kitchen and whip up a great southern breakfast...scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, bacon, hot coffee, even grits!
In His grip!

pintrader

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 07:24:38 AM »
I would live in the cave!  Great storm and bomb shelter.  Save on heating and air conditioning.  plenty of room for guests.  I could also work at home by giving tours.  ::)

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:10:31 AM »
I think I would live above the ice cream parlor so I can see all the action below and just below get my favorite ice cream anytime I wanted even in the middle of the night.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 08:29:03 AM »
I would for sure live in the Log Cabin that was the Basket shop and is not the Apple Butter Store.  I would love to take that Cabin and put it lake side... 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 08:42:33 AM »
This is a hard call..I like the idea about living in the cabin that serves as the basket shop...or what about the powderkeg store cabin? Above the hotel is a neat idea. The treehouse, too. Maybe a new cabin plopped down where the old apple butter cabin was. Hmmmm...I'll have to think about this one some more.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 09:53:38 AM »

# 1 the treehouse.
#2 an apartment above the theater next to the toystore.
I had a friend in a show there and we went upstairs and stood around on the balcony, it was a nice view.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 11:01:17 AM »
Basket shop without a doubt, there or the old taffy location by the depot.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »
I'm glad to have some company in the old Taffy Shop.  Copper, I knew you had candy in your blood.  If I make the taffy base, maybe you can flavor and stretch us a batch of sour grape or something.   Rubes, with your artistic skills, you could make us up some "Free sample" signs   ;D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 05:52:13 PM »
I call top bunk.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 06:18:12 PM »
Dang it!  If that's the case, I'm installing a hammock up there on the second floor.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 11:20:49 PM »
I would love to make some taffy, haven't done that in a long time. The attic is the best little retreat with a nice view!