Author Topic: What ever happened.......  (Read 15435 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: What ever happened.......
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:49 AM »
That is correct..  Here it is...  http://www.cedarcreekdulcimers.com/newlocation.html

I bought my Hammered Dulcimer there...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:49:33 AM by oklaSDCfan »
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 11:33:18 AM »
I went in lokoing for a Old Guy, and a cheap ukulele, he wasn't there, and I didn't leave with anything. They did have a $19.99 special-with finish flaws (peeling paint), but I am opting to build one from a cigar box instead. I will pay them a visit when it comes time to buy some hardware once I get the neck built.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 12:48:53 PM »
I was at the park last weekend and saw the lady in the tub sign but dont remember where i saw it.

Don't toy with me! Pictures, or it didn't happen.  ;)

I go almost every weekend so i will try to hunt it down and get some pics for you.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 05:02:38 PM »
AHHHH! I drove by that duclimer shop location a half dozen times, each time I passed I wondered if that was the shop OLD GUY was working at...now I know! Thanks for posting!  ANY of  you hardcore SDCFans who have not met OLD GUY need to stop by the shop and talk to him...he is a well of knowledge about the park as he worked at times directly with Jack and Pete. His mom was Jack's receptionist for years. His dad was the scrimshaw artist in the 70s and 80s prior to his death. OLD GUY and his wife are respected muscians and entertainers.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

emmabugsmama

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »
This sign in the 1984 photo is not the originial sign...there was one that hung in the strip of real estate that used to be a wooden fence between the exit of FLooded Mine and going toward what was the Miner's Diner Now the skillet place near Wildfire. The old sign was of similar design, but longer than the one pictured here. It was just down the fence from the famous "Have you ever seen a two headed mule?" Sign that hung in the same vicinity...anyone remember that one? You stuck your head through the hole only to find it was a reflection in a mirror of your head over the mule's a**! I wonder if that sign is still around anywhere?
  I forgot all about that one!  I remember that one too!
I'm gettin' outta here, no matter what!