Author Topic: What ever happened.......  (Read 15422 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: What ever happened.......
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »
or asphalt and woods with the green tram exaust smell.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
All we can say about the scent of the 50th Anniversary candle is...thank goodness they went with the scent that they did! Our research department tells us they toyed with the idea of doing a series of candles on "great city streets of the USA,"  and the Memphis Beale Street candle and the New Orleans Bourbon Street Candle both had a scent that was a combination of human sweat, urine and vomit. Needless to say, they went in a different direction...

LOL
I love that, I was thinking that the candle should be in the form of a dipped candle with different stripes.
the first being green ( exhaust from the green tram ride in)( tribute smell)
second being the musty smell if the hospitality house, then the mill, funnel cake's, candy shop, tater patch, ......
A trip through the city in smells.
Now I may have forgot to mention that in between the stripes there will always be the black line that is the palate cleansing odor of road tar......

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »
when your done makin those, I will buy a case!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

bfork1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 08:03:46 PM »
anyone remember the "pull down" sign at the exit od FTH that showed the 2 bald headed men seated at the table with the Lady standing behind them??

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 08:12:43 PM »
Yes I do, that was on the fence that is no longer there.
She appeared to be "well stacked."
Too bad they throw those things out.
Classic SDC

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 09:14:10 PM »
Oh my goodness! I had no idea that they removed that sign. That is totally a Silver Dollar City classic.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:15:05 PM by Ozark BBQ »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 09:28:08 PM »
Oh my goodness! I had no idea that they removed that sign. That is totally a Silver Dollar City classic.  :'(

Yep, I was really disappointed to find a new music hall behind where that wall used to be. I knew my kids would love it, but it's gone.

I'm sure it wasn't just tossed in the trash, though. It's got to be around the park somewhere.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 08:41:56 AM »
Guys guys guys...If I said it once....I'll say it again....Ask, and thou shall receive!
From the 1984 season.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:50:40 AM by rubedugans »

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »
Ah, thanks Rube! Now I can relax, and still enjoy the sign even though it is gone. :D I wonder if this was removed because of these overly zealous, politically correct times we live in?

Silver Dollar City used to be famous for these sorts of attractions. What other classic gags, and signs have disappeared over the years?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 05:12:37 PM »
This sign in the 1984 photo is not the originial sign...there was one that hung in the strip of real estate that used to be a wooden fence between the exit of FLooded Mine and going toward what was the Miner's Diner Now the skillet place near Wildfire. The old sign was of similar design, but longer than the one pictured here. It was just down the fence from the famous "Have you ever seen a two headed mule?" Sign that hung in the same vicinity...anyone remember that one? You stuck your head through the hole only to find it was a reflection in a mirror of your head over the mule's a**! I wonder if that sign is still around anywhere?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »
Yeah, I loved the "2-headed Mule" sign.  My son told me he saw one that read "Do not read this sign".  Funny!  Does anyone know if that one is still there?  We've been looking but can't find it.
I'm Your Huckleberry

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »
I was at the park last weekend and saw the lady in the tub sign but dont remember where i saw it.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 10:56:23 PM »
I was at the park last weekend and saw the lady in the tub sign but dont remember where i saw it.

Don't toy with me! Pictures, or it didn't happen.  ;)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 08:23:42 AM »
Seems like I saw something on a thread here somewhere about OLD GUY (John Goldsberry) working in Branson at a dulcimer shop part time this summer? Anybody know what shop and where it is? I'd like to stop by on my next trip and say hello...it's only been since 1984 since I saw him last!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:32 AM »
Old Guy-John Goldsberry and his wife have moved back into the area. They are working for the dulcimer shop and not the park.  Sundays they are working at the Dulcimer shop on the strip in Branson according to Okla

http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=509.msg15463#msg15463