Author Topic: Nostalgic and Favorite Television Shows  (Read 11784 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Nostalgic and Favorite Television Shows
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 02:35:22 PM »
I'm drawn to Hogan's Heroes as one of the most creative situation comedies about something that's not funny at all.  The German characters, by the way, were mostly Jewish actors from areas around Austria, and insisted that they would play the parts if the Germans were presented as incompetent.  Who would have thought life in a POW camp, and sneaking out to kill Nazis, could be so funny.  Irreverent, but funny.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 05:06:26 PM »
I agree Andy about Family Guy...it can be a bit blasphemous and I have issues with that. King Of The Hill is funny, I am a Simpsons fan though. I was never a South Park fan, too crude.

I am a child of syndication-Gilligan's Island, Munsters, Brady Bunch, Monkees, Andy Griffith, Little House on the Prarie, I Dream of Jeannie,Laverne and SHirley, Mork and Mindy, THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, and any other show that was on repeats during the mid 80's.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »
I love sitcoms!!! But I'm into the newer stuff. King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, According to Jim, etc. I could watch sitcoms all day.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 09:25:26 PM »
I had a chance to interview Eb from Green Acres in the early 90's when I was in radio. A very nice, committed Christian fellow. He told me he was in the early stages of putting together a movie about a talking pig like Arnold from Green Acres. I wished him well on the project, but thought he was nuts. Well, a few years later the movie "Gordy" came out, and Eb was in it...that was the movie he was talking about. James Cromwell won an Academy Award with that film. Guess ole Eb knew better than me on what would make it in Hollyweird.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 10:28:07 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here. I'm putting my manhood on the line. I'm going to admit that one of my all time favorite shows ever is....the "Mary Tyler Moore" show. I loved the show. I loved the actors. I loved the sets. I loved that Mary drove a mustang. I loved Mary. And I LOVED the theme song, "Love is all around" by Sonny Curtis. There. I admit it. Now I'm gonna go work on a chainsaw or something.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 10:30:26 PM »
LOLOL!! That's great! I'm not laughing at you for the MTM show. The "chainsaw" line was perfect. Make sure you grunt like Tim Allen and overuse tools like Red Green!!
Andymeets1880s

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 10:34:32 PM »
Can't type right now, I'm busy crushing beer cans on my forehead. Cheap, DOMESTIC beer cans!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 10:09:31 AM »
Tony...love MTM as well! Every one of those cast members went on to star in their own shows. Tells  you something about the quality of that show.
Ok...now I'm going out to work on my truck.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 01:09:53 PM »
You've got spunk Tony

I hate spunk

does that answer any questions? Chuckles bites the dust had to be one of the funniest episodes on TV I had seen up to that date. As a child I was watching the funeral portion, and the comedy caught me off guard. Itwas not a sad thing....it was FUNNY. It shattered my thoughts of a funeral forever!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 01:47:39 PM »
... Well, a few years later the movie "Gordy" came out, and Eb was in it...that was the movie he was talking about. James Cromwell won an Academy Award with that film.

I think you have your pig movies mixed up.  ;)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »
Here's another classic tv episode.... Sammy Davis Jr. visits Archie Bunker. That held, and may still hold, the longest audience laugh in tv history.
Andymeets1880s

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 05:18:51 PM »
You've got spunk Tony

I hate spunk

does that answer any questions? Chuckles bites the dust had to be one of the funniest episodes on TV I had seen up to that date. As a child I was watching the funeral portion, and the comedy caught me off guard. Itwas not a sad thing....it was FUNNY. It shattered my thoughts of a funeral forever!
HA HA!! I loved the Chuckles the clown episode! Well, gotta get back to digging fence post holes, and shooting skeet.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
Yah I think my muffins are ready, and i need to finish dusting the blinds. What ? I am secure! besides I wrenched my knee while perched on the roof scraping off old paint yesterday, can't really walk right now....thats as manly as it is gonna get right now

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 10:23:26 PM »
Gilligans Island - Hee Haw - Love Boat -
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 11:31:07 PM »
Bob Newhart Show...All in the Family...M*A*S*H...Leave it to Beaver...the list goes on...