Author Topic: The next coaster (SDC)  (Read 29851 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: The next coaster (SDC)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 08:17:04 PM »
^Huh, I've heard several pretty good reviews, especially from my relatives, but some of the enthusiasts I've talked to said it was just 'OK'. I guess most enthusiasts are just too picky, after all, these would be the type to whine about The Voyage or Maverick.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 09:12:02 AM »
If I get to go to Dollywood next summer this is the first thing I want to do. I've heard good things about it and it looks really fun!

Off Topic: We've made history! This is our first two page thread here on these forums!! Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »
I think they should get a inverted coaster, but the only problem with that is it would be hard to theme but I bet they could come up with something. you know what would be really awsome is if they built a coaster inside the cave in the HUGE room!!! but that won't happen, but it would be really cool.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 03:50:24 PM »
^Actually an inverted coaster wouldn't be hard to theme at all. Heck, if nothing else, they can go back to using the Dr. Hartio Harris (sp?) theme.

As for the cave, I'm just glad it hasn't caved in - but speaking on a hypothetical basis, I personally would hate to see a coaster in there, it would destroy the awe effect of the natural beauty and magnitude.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 10:29:36 PM »
They would never build a coaster inside the cave. If they did, that would screw up the whole beauty of it as Steve said. I'd like to see a woodie more than a inverted coaster at this time. But an inverted would add a whole new thrill to the park.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 11:04:06 PM »
The cave thing was just a joke but anyway I don't care what kind of coaster they get just as long as its good themed, and fun.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 11:13:38 PM »
I care what type of coaster it is. I don't want a wild mouse or a compact spinning coaster or anything like that. This next coaster needs to take the place of Wildfire and Powderkeg as the top coaster in SDC.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 11:36:44 PM »
^I can argue with that.

Sure, I want a big thriller, but the park doesn't exactly have a plain family coaster of the likes of something a small family would like. I know many younger riders are attracted to ThuNderaTion and Powderkeg, but for those with a bit of coaster-phobia, those rides appear pretty big. A small coaster, larger than the Grand Expo Coaster, but smaller than ThuNderaTion would really please a great deal of people.

Still though, I think a woodie would really fit the park even better, and would please just as many people, if not more.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 11:44:32 PM »
I agree with you to some extent.... you've got to remember that there are 2 areas devoted strictly to families in the park. Grand Expo and Tom Sawyer's Landing. I think the park has to look at the thrill seekers in the next few years to compete with other parks. I think if the park doesn't get a woodie, inverted, or some type of thrill coaster the roller coaster will be for families.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:17:03 PM by Coaster »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 02:11:27 PM »
Everyone loves these topics, right?
Well, anyway, we've got plenty of hope to go towards SDC's next coaster. It's been said that SDC's next major investment will come in 2009, and it's also been said that by the time SDC hosts the ACE 2009 coaster con, they'll be plenty of coasters to enjoy (it was implied that there would be more than they have now).

You said in the very first post in this thread that it was "implied" that SDC would get two more coasters by 2009. And the park has said that there won't be a new coaster in 2008. But, I can't imagine SDC adding two roller coasters in one offseason. So I'm just wondering how in the world that's going to come to a reality....

Anyway you look at it though, it looks like SDC is due for anther water ride. SDC only has about 3 water rides as it is, and they are all very popular. S&S is a trusted name, and they just happen to be getting into the water ride business. Besides, Dollywood is getting a splash battle next year so, maybe, just maybe we'll end up with something along those lines before we ever see a new coaster.

I kinda had this crazy idea as I re-read this topic today. What if SDC brought back a Buzz Saw Falls type ride?? This ride was very popular at the park. It was made as a prototype and I think it was very successful. I know BSF had it's problems though. But now the park knows what to do differently. I loved the ride and it'd be awesome to see a similar ride return.

*This was kinda just a dream post made by me because I seriously doubt there will ever be another ride like BSF make a return to SDC. But I'm just kinda wondering, what if?*

If we get another water ride soon, I think it's going to be similar to what Dollywood is getting this year.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 02:20:28 PM »
Everyone loves these topics, right?
Well, anyway, we've got plenty of hope to go towards SDC's next coaster. It's been said that SDC's next major investment will come in 2009, and it's also been said that by the time SDC hosts the ACE 2009 coaster con, they'll be plenty of coasters to enjoy (it was implied that there would be more than they have now).

You said in the very first post in this thread that it was "implied" that SDC would get two more coasters by 2009. And the park has said that there won't be a new coaster in 2008. But, I can't imagine SDC adding two roller coasters in one offseason. So I'm just wondering how in the world that's going to come to a reality....

No, actually I meant to say that it was implied that SDC will get one new coaster in or by 2009.

As for a Buzzsaw Falls come-back, it's very improbable. Mainly just because of the way the ride would fit into the park. As it is, the park will have plenty of good coasters by 2009, and they probably will want a ride that is simply 'wet' and not a hybrid. Generally, because of the way people are picky and the changing weather, it's good to have rides that can be classified simply as either wet or dry. This is especially true at seasonal parks.

Thus, yes, it's highly likely that we'll get our own Splash Battle in 2010 or soon after.

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 10:59:08 PM »
Mystery Mine is an awesome roller coaster in general. The themeing is consistant, and easy to understand. The final interversion almost stops, and it's a great finale. My mother is a very old woman, and she hate most rattley coasters. This one starts out jerky, but it gets smoother towards the middle. It ROX!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
So by now, we should all be pretty confident that 2009 will bring a massive new coaster, right? I mean, with them telling ACE specifically to get excited for 2009, if it's not a coaster then I'll be flabbergasted.

Anyway, I've been thinking - with this apparently being SDC's biggest, most expensive project to date, I don't think this will be a GCII project. Or if it is, it'll be bigger than Troy.

To be the biggest project ever, they'll be spending more than $15 million, and most GCII's come well under that, even for large models. This makes me think that we may end up with our own version of Mystery Mine instead.

Tch, either way we get a solid coaster, but I hope I'm wrong. Then again, maybe they're going back to B&M for something?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »
Who says that this NEW project will be JUST a roller coaster?  Since when has a new ride here lately JUST BEEN the ride?  Think AREA
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 08:11:24 PM »
Why is it that every new thing must have its own area? I mean, they're nice when they make sense, such as with the Grand Expo and TGS, but I can't think of why they would need another one. SDC is supposed to be a city, not a conduction of half a dozen 'lands' like other parks.

Then again, they know all about this, and have done a good job of trying to stick to the original atmosphere for the most part, so it will probably make more sense when it's announced.

I just hope they don't use the excuse of a new area to pack it with loads of corny games.