Author Topic: The next coaster (SDC)  (Read 29640 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: The next coaster (SDC)
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 09:31:27 AM »
Remember...  They do not pay the taxes.  The land is leased to them and owned by First Presbyterian church of Branson and the College of the Ozarks.  The lease is for a one mile square around the opening of the cave.  That looks pretty much what the map shows.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »
At one time, I think the plan was to keep the park as "three rings".  The inner ring (around the carousel) would be the area focused on young children (This idea has been violated with the addition of the Grand Exposition.)  The next ring out was to be a kind of safe area for slower moving patrons (read, senior citizens).  This area would be your crafts demonstrations and shopping section of the park.  Then the outer ring would be for the more active patrons (read, teenagers).  This plan, as I understood it, was pretty well executed and pretty effective.  It drew the louder kids out of areas frequented by the old folks, and it accounts for how old and young come out of the park with smiles on their faces and memories in their hearts.  Most parks would have the kids running over the elderly, thus alienating a whole section of the population.  This plan is still intact with the placement of most of the thrill rides on the edge of the city.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2008, 11:37:46 PM »
Huh, so that explains why they looked at putting the Grand Expo at the centre of the city at one point.

It's a good plan, but not necessarily practical as the park continues to branch of and grow. I'd like to see them add more shopping and crafts in the areas around the big thrill rides to kneed them into the city better. It does help the inner city atmosphere not to have a big roller coaster or anything near by though.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »
Yeah, can they really go off a plan like that anymore? As Steve said, it'd be hard as the park continues to grow.

^It would suck if they put a roller coaster right in the middle of the city.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »
I think the Center City section hasn’t been doing quite as well lately. They are always trying to get people to go there. Every year they seem to be mixing up the shops that are in that location. I even think they are getting rid of the Jewelry shop in Center City. What could they do to make this area successful again? I too would like to see them build up there shops and restaurants near the rides i.e. Powder Keg and Expo.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2008, 01:44:02 PM »
^Well, it hasn't happened yet, but I still say that the Landing and centre city are in for a revival someday soon, probably in 2010 -> http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=7.0

Anyway, are there any new rumors about what type of coaster will be coming in 2009? I know everyone's probably betting on either a woodie or a G-fighter, but are there any other possibilities? And what of the theme? If they go with a G-fighter, they'll surely try a mining theme, but a woodie could take on a number of themes.

Max

• I am a Happy Frog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2008, 11:05:53 AM »
I think they will be getting a G-fighter. A wooden coaster would be nice. The theme of the park would go well with a Woodie, but SDC is into theme and I would say with the success of DW latest coaster they would swing that way.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2009, 03:48:56 PM »
I've gotta say, after seeing Fluch Von Novgorod go up, I'm pretty excited that we're in line for one eventually. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=724238#724238

The Tower thing just works so well.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2009, 05:06:58 PM »
^Hopefully sooner rather than later!  ::)
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
I know. I just got back from Dollywood and I am soooo jealous of the Mystery Mine. I say send the River Battle to Stone Mountain and give us a Eurofighter of our own in 2010!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2009, 06:05:32 PM »
I think we're ready for another B&M coaster -- an inverted back in the trees would be awesome
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »
I've gotta say, after seeing Fluch Von Novgorod go up, I'm pretty excited that we're in line for one eventually. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=724238#724238

The Tower thing just works so well.

That looks incredible! ;D

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2009, 09:26:17 AM »
I hope that is not the case as market share and attendence will continue to slide. Sometimes you must spend money in order to make money.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2009, 07:43:44 PM »
I totally agree with you. Hope HFE will too.