Author Topic: Could things from other parks show up at SDC/CC?  (Read 9216 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Could things from other parks show up at SDC/CC?
« on: October 13, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »
We all know the bonds that Herschend parks share. When GCII did such a good job at CC, they became to wooden coaster manufacturer of choice for the whole chain, almost every SDC ride that was a success was implemented at DW, and Stone Mountain, DW, and SDC all share the same ball fort contraptions. What works well in one park eventually shows up in some shape or form at other parks in the chain.

Thus, with this noted, is it possible that we'll see animal exhibits at CC soon, as WA features them successfully? Or all-winter-long snow areas at SDC, as Stone Mountain has big plans for such a thing when the drought ends?

I don't know about the snow thing for sure, but I think it's a real possibility that we'll at least see some sort of animal exhibit come to CC - that's just the kind of thing that park looks for.

Are there any other things at other Herschend parks that may make their way over to SDC/CC soon? Other than the obvious G-Fighter and Topple tower, of course.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Could things from other parks show up at SDC/CC?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:29:51 AM »
I cou;d see sdc get a tenesee tornado which I wouldn't mind
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 03:43:04 PM »
I can't see that with us having Wildfire.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 10:13:14 PM »
Isn't TennesseeTornado built to the specific terrain of that park?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
Yeah, though he may be implying that we could get a similar steel looping coaster. Like Coaster said though, why would we want a modest looper when we already have Wildfire? If we are going to get any new steel looping coaster, it'll be a launched S&S or a B&M invert.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
But why get another launched S&S when we have Powderkeg? A B&M looper is a possibility I think though.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:01:32 PM »
Well, a powderkeg with inversions would come off as an entirely different ride in the view of the GP and most everyone else at SDC.

DW is the park I would expect to get S&S's next coaster though. The Herschends were ecstatic about how PK turned out, seeing as it is now the guest's favorite ride, even over WildFire, so I'm sure one is in the works for DW eventually. Come to think of it, a PK would work very well at WA too, as that is a family-oriented park.

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »
How about CC buy Jester from Six Flags New Orleans.  The Six Flags was able to recover Batman, mayby they can recover (and sell for cheap) Jester.  CC could keep it for a couple of years then get rid of it.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:06:15 PM »
Bleh, but I wouldn't mind Mega Zeph. At that point, they could pick up a lot of better, small steel coasters for the price range.

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 03:18:22 PM »
Which one?  It can't be a wild mouse because they already have two variations of a mouse.  It shouldn't be another woodie unless it was an out and back.  For the sake of true coaster lovers, it should not be a boomerang.  While Jester surely is not the favorite of coaster lovers, it is not offensive as many coaster lovers find boomerangs to be.  (There already a boomerang in KC and Dallas, and somewhat of a boomerang at OK.)  They need something original, small, probably steel, visible from the road, family friendly, and CHEAP.  I am not personally a Jester fan, but it does fulfill those qualifications.  What would another option be or what is your criteria?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »
Well, I would still say a boomerang for business stand-point, but if they wanted to keep their souls intact, and I know they do, they could always go with something like a premier shuttle or a small S&S. Granted, that might cost a little more, but the Herschends are the kind of people that will pay more for better quality.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 04:28:40 PM »
i don't know if you guys know this or not but the herschnds did buy the sidewinder the article is on screamscape, they said it is more than likely to go to dw but you never know what they will do i'm hopeing to see sdc getting it that would be cool

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 07:03:43 PM »
Yeah, we have a topic about this, it was just below this one.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 07:49:31 AM »
o my bad

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »
Sidewinder from Wild West World has been bought by HFEC, but I have yet to hear where it is headed.
SWOOSH