Author Topic: Branson Zoo  (Read 6881 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Branson Zoo
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:48:08 AM »
Anyone been to it?

We went last year & it was pretty good, lots of differant animals. Got to hear a alligator hiss & rumble, & a lion do his morning call. It shook our pants legs! FREAKY!! We could'a fed some stingrays but that still kinda eerie to us. I give it a 9 out of 10 rating.
The only thing that got to me was, some of the animals were inside a building & didnt get much sunlight. But, i guess thats the way it goes.. 
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Zoo
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:07:22 AM »
Gotta admit...don't even know where this one's at. Is Branson Zoo the official name?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 11:42:45 AM »
I have no idea Junior.. ???

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 12:18:47 PM »
Are you talking about Branson Interactive Zoo -formerly Predator World?
http://www.predatorworld.org/

Address: Highway 13, Branson West, MO
Directions: On the east side of Hwy 13 just north of Kimberling City.
Hours: Daily 10 am - 6 pm. (Call to verify)
Phone: 417-272-0251

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
Yip, thats it. Predator World.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 02:51:12 PM »
It's hard to see while driving by. We had to turn on DD to get to our cabin, so we could see it, and I was curious about the place. It looks too small to have much.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 03:32:15 PM »
Growing up in the Ozarks, I must say that these drive through safari (and otherwise) are were very popular as a kid.  I'm a bit adverse to them nowadays as I have been exposed to the horrible conditions that some of these animals are kept in. 

Not saying that is what is going on here, but unless they are accredited by the AZA, I usually pass.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »
It is down over a hill & hard too see. Thats kinda what i mean when i say some of the animals are in small areas & no sunlight & no place to streatch & run around. Sad, but we just kept goin'. 

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »
It's open but there are still lawsuits pending in regards to the tiger attack of a volunteer last year.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »
been there, not impressed... NO animals.... lots of reptiles and snakes.. actualluy a good assortment..  sharks and manta ray u can feed for additional money of course..  very dissapointing......  NOTHING as tghe brochure indicates

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »
a zoo in branson??!! aaaawwwww kwaaaaaarrrrdddddd. I usually stay on the west side o town due to I dont like traffic and dont go to shows or nothin. Just SDC. I want to make it to titanic one o these days but alas thats about 50$ right there and thats about a season pass for my kid for the city, so yall know which one I pick!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 08:10:38 PM »
actually the zoo is over on the west side on the hiway going south to kimberling city.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 08:29:25 PM »
really!?! huh. idnt know it was there......I dont make it to kimberling city.....I go as far as Best Western West or SDC Campground and plant myself!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 01:52:39 PM »
after what i saw over to the west.  i would say good plan!....

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 07:46:47 PM »
The "zoo" isn't much anymore.  They just have sharks, fish and reptiles.  They will NEVER house mammals there ever again.  It is also very dark and doesn't seem to be kept clean very well.  They also don't always have locks on the (non-poisonous) snakes.  I opened a cage once and was going to take out a snake, but an employee came by, so I told him that I wanted to hold a snake, and he gave one to me.  But seriously... there were NO locks on ANY of the non-poisonous snake cages!

But, I must say that the haunted house they have going on there right now is AMAZING!!! Absolutely the BEST haunted house I have ever been to in my life!  Over 50 rooms full of creepy stuff, several outdoor walkways with NO lights, so it's as dark as can be, three different mazes, and people jumping out at you the entire time.  You still get to go through the aquarium as well as the haunted house.  It takes about an hour to go through, AND they have 2 game rooms.  Granted, the game rooms aren't much - a pool table that doesn't even have a full set of balls... they have 2 - 6 balls, no 8 ball, 3 - 7 balls, etc... And the games are all old and 1/2 of them don't work, but for what it is, it's pretty cool.  The haunted house alone is worth the $$.  Plus, the fact that you still get to go through the aquarium and reptile rooms is just awesome!