Author Topic: new SDC Times  (Read 18175 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: new SDC Times
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 07:15:18 PM »
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but does anyone know how often these come out?  Is it just once a year?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »
good question. i wondered the same thing. I received 1 dated june 2010, had a bunch of food coupons and other discounts.  but did not get another copy this year.???

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 07:45:08 PM »
I'm curious too.  Didn't the last issue have some coupons for some reduced Bring a Friend tickets for the Christmas festival?  That would lead me to believe they might not have another one this year. But, it sure would be nice to have some new coupons for my Christmas trips.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 07:49:11 AM »
Look for a new "Times" every few weeks as the show schedules and park hours change...also as festivals change out. Same with brochures in racks...they must keep the printing presses very busy!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 07:53:45 AM »
i thought maybe it was a season pass "perk", but only received the one issue.  it had coupons for food in july and august.. some bring a friend passes, also a white water discount.  I was hoping maybe it was a "paper" SDC sent out every 2 or maybe 3 months all year. but apparantly not. :-\

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »
Look for a new "Times" every few weeks as the show schedules and park hours change...also as festivals change out. Same with brochures in racks...they must keep the printing presses very busy!

That's the PATHFINDER. 
The SDC TIMES is the season passholder newsletter and it comes out quarterly
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 04:48:21 PM »
thats what i thought, swoosh.  but i only received the one issue in june. and yes it says SDC TIMES, right on the front of it..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 05:35:53 PM »
It's been awhile since I got a paper version. IDK what the deal is.
Check out SDC's page as they post the latest ones on there.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 06:10:13 PM »
swoosh, have never seen " sdc times" on the website. Pathfinder news is readily available.. If you know where to access the "SDC TIMES" Let me know..I have 3 more trips planned this year and want to take advantage of any and all discounts ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 06:44:03 PM »
It is usually on the Schedules/Brochures page but it is currently not on there.
I think the one they had up was really out of date.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »
ok thanks.  i do watch that page and have not seen "times" on there before.. that is why i thought maybe it was a season pass thing,, and was mailed out to pass holder...Guess we will see what happens.. thanks again .

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »
The last Times I received was in June.  It did have two "bring-a-friend" coupons for OTC and several others for the summer and fall. I haven't seen anything else.  The on-line edition I saw didn't have any coupons in it.  There is a link to the on-line version of the last edition posted earlier in this thread.  I don't know if it still active.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »
The Times doesn't come out on a regular schedule anymore.  The issue that came out during the summer had BAF coupons that lasted through mid December.  I've already given away one of the coupons but I still have the one that's a BAF for $25 for Saturdays only Nov. 6, 13, 20, and Dec. 4, 11, and 18.  Somestimes if you call customer service the person will let you know if an issue of the Times is available.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if one day SDC Times goes all digital, and they no longer mail out copies.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »
I enjoy the mailed hard copies. After a day in front of the computer, I need some joy in my mailbox other than the bills, and junk mail. The very rare copies I get, I read from cover to cover. Funny that I purchase 3 season passes every year-mom-wife- self, yet I do not receive a times....only my wife does. weird